Chapter Five

I had a dream less sleep I woke up and looked at the ceiling. I could not get Clay's smile out my mind. I hit my alarm clock and went too take a shower. I step in the bathroom the shower has been running for awhile so the bathroom is all nice steamy. "Mmmm...just how I like it," I said to myself. I walked into the shower and I start too sing and hum. After thirty minutes in the shower I dress and walk down stairs. I head to the kitchen too grab breakfast. I grab a apple and another bottled water. I started to gather my things so I could head out. I grabbed my purse and phone. Walking out the door I grab my house key off the hook. I start walking to my fathers former business. I'm just the front desk so it's not the bedt job there. It pays the bills. And I like it. Even the boss.Lilac my best friend is the boss of this company. And if I do say so myself she does an amazing job at it. She is going too need all the help she can get now that she is pregnant. The stress of the job might be too much for her and the baby. As I walk up to the huge glass building I get a text from Lilac.

Bestie:hey when you clock in come meet me on the top floor
Me:okay boss see ya in a few lol
Bestie:alright

I wonder what's wrong with her. I open the door and walk into the building. I turn too go to the employees lounge I clock in. After I clock in I grab a cup of coffee and head up the stairs. Yes they have an elevator but I stay in shape this way. So I get to the top floor I knock on the door. "Come in, I hear from behind the door. I turn the nob and walk in. She is sitting behind her desk looking at a computer screen. "Good,morning mamma bear," I say jokingly. She looks up and gets a expression I've never seen before. "Morning I need you too sit down please," she said her voice full of different emotions. I slowly walk to one of the big comfy chairs and sit. "So Elizabeth do you know why I called you here," Lilac asked me. "Ummm...no I do not know," I said thinking. Her eyes fill with tears. "Beth it's about your father," she said with sadness in her voice. I stand up and go to her. "What's going on," I say with force in my voice. "I...you...just look at this," she said with sobs handing me a disc. Lilac breathed in a deep breath, "its a servalence video from when your dad was the boss here." I grab it and headed to her computer. I popped it in the tower and pulled it all up. I hit play. It's my father healthy and alive. He is bending over this very desk I'm sitting at, on the phone. He turns and says something. "Where is the audio," I ask. Lilac come and types on the keyboard. Then I here him say, come in. His voice oh how munch I missed it. Hello is someone there, Lizzy can you go open it for Daddy please. My heart stopped. I remember this night.

Flashback
It was a long day with my father. So I went too take a nap on his couch in his office. After an hour I woke up too knocking. "Come in," my father said busy as usual. A few minutes passed and no one came in. So I stood up my father glanced at the corner of his eye. "Liz can you go open it for Daddy," he asked looking at his folder that is opened. "Yes father," I replied. Walked over to the door and opened it. There were three tall men wearing glasses and hats. There were dressed in similar dark clothing. They pushed by me and walked too my father. It was rather late for people too come visit him so I started too follow two of them but the third one grab my shoulder. I turned around and he asked, "can you get me some tissue?" "I'm sorry I can't now can you get your hand off me," I asked him rudely. "No I'm sorry I can't," he said while grabbing me roughly. I screamed my father turned around and was hit in the stomach. He slid to the floor with his hand out to me. I kick and screamed till I was thrown on the ground. When I hit the floor I yelped because I landed on my arm. I looked over at my father. He was getting beat too a pulp. "Daddy," I screamed. "Lizzy turn away," he yelled back. I started crawling to him but I was hit in the head. Everything was getting dark. Then I was waking up in a hospital. My step mom was at the side of the bed asleep. I reach for her hand and hold on tight. She jumps up, "mom what happened?" I asked her. "Hey baby girl," she said voice full of sadness and worry. "What happened, why a-," I was interrupted by the doctor. "Miss Caldfeild may I have a word with you," he said pointing outside. "Yes of coarse," she said heading out the door, "I'll be right back baby girl." I nodded and watched her leave. She came back with tears in her eyes. "Hey I have too tell you something," she said with the tears going down her cheeks, "your father is dead." "Wha...how," I said starting too cry. "He...ummm killed himself and you have amnesia," she said losing control of her emotions. "That's why your here, he hit you on the head, and broke your arm," shaking her head she held my hand. "I have too go get some clothes for you and me then I'll be back," she said kissing my forehead. "Alright," I said falling asleep.
Flashback Over

"So that is what happened to my father," I said full of anger and hate. "All of this time, he was murdered," I said sobbing now. "You need time off," Lilac said to me. "Alright...I'm...goi-home," I said to her. "Okay Beth, love you, I'll come see you later," she said comforting me. I left and went straight home too call the only person I know too call, Clay.