Chapter Twenty~Four

"Where do you want to eat Lizzy," Clay said getting in the driver seat. "Ummm I'm not sure you can pick," I say feeling tired. "Okay are you sure your even hungry," he asked turning the car in and driving. I look at the window and start too think about Lilac and wonder how they lost it. Then my phone vibrated. 

Bestie: hey your gonna be mad at me but i'm leaving and not coming back

Me: I'm not mad just remember I love you and will always be here

Bestie: thank you so much for being so understanding I will make sure too keep in touch

Me: okay be safe

"Well Lilac is leaving," I say and we pull into a fast food place. Now all I have is Clay, I think to myself. "Are you gonna be okay," Clay asked his voice full of sadness and worry. "Yeah I'm gonna be fine," I replied looking into his eyes. His hair was a messy like a child's when he woke up. I giggle and turn too order. When we were done with lunch we drove to a nearby park. We go and walk around till I was tired. "Lets go home," I said holding my hand out too help him off the ground. He took it and we made our way to the car. I started thinking about the people after me again and think about how they hurt my mom. Clay could be next, I don,t want him too get hurt because of me, I think about all of this and get upset.

Clay looks over at me and asks, "hey Darling whats wrong?" I look over at him and say, "I think we need too talk." He looks at me and nods his head. We eventually pull up at the house and go in side. "Okay what is going on Liz," he said to me. I look into his eyes they are full of worry and they are hard. "I-," I start but I was interrupted by Clay's phone ringing. "Okay i will tell her he said  after a long pause. I look at him expectantly and he looks at me. "This is all over Lizzy," he said while pulling me into a hug. I was too shocked too hug him back. The weight of all the problems was lifted off my shoulders. I slowly hug him back all of the thoughts I had left my mind that instant. And I let my emotions lose. Then I got nauseated and had too run to the bathroom. 

After I was done I talked too Clay and he said, "the man turned himself in saying he was the one behind all of it." I was confused but didn't question it. I was so happy. "I love you Clay," I screamed and laughed. He look shocked but that was replaced with happiness and love. "I will always love and protect you Lizzy," he finally said after a pause of him staring into my eyes. I am not alone and I am happy. I thought. What can go wrong?