Chapter Eighteen

I cried this morning but I was interrupted by my phone. I picked it up and wiped my tears. "Hello," I ask. "Elizabeth are you okay," Clay asked his voice wavering. "I am fine, where are you," I replied. Then I heard the door open and shut. I get quiet, "are you in the house?" I slide in the closet and grab my knife. "Not yet, Lizzy hide I will be there in five," Clay said starting too run. I listen and hear the intruder down stairs shuffling around. Then the stairs start creaking. I freeze, "Boss she is not in here," the guy said. I slowly breath through my nose as Clay is on the other end of the phone. I hear muffled talk, must be on a phone, I think to myself. Then I hear the door open on the phone. I cover the speaker. The person goes into my bathroom. I hear a gun cock in the room. I find a small opening in the door of the closet and I peek through. I see Clay up against the wall beside the door that leads into the bathroom. "Alright boss I will the them on it," I heard from the other side of the door. I heard the phone shut and the toilet flush. I growl as the thought run through my mind. How dare he come in MY house and use MY bathroom, who does he think he is. The door opened and I see Clay put the gun too the man's head. I don't see a gun so I call the police and get out the closet. The man's eyes widen in shock. "What are you doing here, and what do you want with me," I ask my voice has no emotion. I am threw with these guys ruining my life. "Why Elizabeth we wanted too know if you were alright," the man said with a smirk. "Why wouldn't I be alright," I ask with a edge in my voice. "My my Elizabeth we're sorry for your lost," he laughs. I stood there with a shocked face but it's quickly covered by rage. I walk up and punch the hell out of him. When he fell to the ground I talk too the police with tears silently slide down my face. "We sent someone your way ma'am," the lady said. "Okay thank you," I nod and hung up. Clay walks back in after tying the vast are up. He walks to me and opens his arms. I don't hesitate and I walk into them breathing in his smell. The smell of sakura blossoms and axe. Oh how I missed that smell. I start too cry and he picks me up bridal style. I am much smaller than him. I imagine a baby gazelle being rocked by a male lion. I laugh at the thought. He sat on the bed and rocked me calming me down then I tell him everything.