Chapter Eight

I look at Clay. "You remember, don't you," he asks. I look up and nod slowly. "I love you and I will always love you no matter what happens," I say bursting into tears. Clay gets up and grabs me pulling me into an embrace. "Ohhhhh Lizzy I've missed you," he say into my hair like when I was younger. I cry into his shoulder and grab his back. I look at him and he picks me up and kisses me. The kiss was so sweet and passionate. I break the kiss with a yawn. He sweeps me up and carries me up stairs. Its been so long since I've felt safe. Clay gets me to my bed and lays with me. He rubs my head and I fall asleep in his arms. Warmed by his body and his kiss. I wake up still in Clay's arms facing him. I look up at his face. It's the first time I get a real good look at his face. His caramel colored hair draped across his forehead. And his face was covered in a decent beard that matched his hair color. It hides his perfect jaw line that is not hard too make out. I reach out too touch his ear and when I do his eyes open. They are an olive green with brown lining the outside. A smile creeps on my face, "morning Clay." He looks at me and pulls me closer, "how did you sleep?" He asks me. I snuggle to him, "the best I've had in years." I pull his head to me. I let my forehead rest on his. I soak in every ounce of his smell, his warmth, just all of him. He kisses my forehead. I giggled and kissed his neck. Then I let him go from there. It was an amazing morning.