Chapter Twenty~Three

We sit in the room in silence. "Clay, you know the people that are after me," I start too get that thought in my head. "Yeah we are gonna get them to leave you alone," he says with his voice full of hope. I nod but still not convinced. "I know but they went after my mom and look where she is," I said with tears in the corners of my eyes. "I don't want them too come after you," I sob. What is wrong with me? I feel like I'm losing control of my emotions. My phone rings I pick it up. "Hello?" "Lizzy," a upset Lilac answers. "Lila whats wrong," I say now worried. "We lost it, we lost our baby," she says sobbing into the phone. "Okay its alright I'm here, I'm gonna come over later," I tell her. I hear her head nod on the other end. "Alright Liz I have to go," she told me. "Okay boo love you." Then the phone hung up.

I sigh, "this is not a good day." I turn to Clay and notice him looking in the bag he brought in. "This is some things they could use too help us," he explains. I sit there and then I started too feel sick. I walk to the garbage can and then my breakfast of apples come up. "Hey babe are you okay," Clay says walking to me now rubbing my back. "I don't know, Lilac and Jj found out that they lost their baby," I said straightening up and wiping my mouth.

I just sat down when three people walk in the room. Awe this is gonna be a long day. I sigh and get comfortable. "Hello miss Calfield I'm Detective Dojo," the newest person said extending his hand. "Hello may I ask why a,detective is needed," I ask stupidly. "Ma'am this a double murder case and we need to solve this as soon as possible," the female cop hisses clearly still mad at me for the Clay thing. I laugh on the inside. And notice they asked me a question. "Oooh so this is what we are doing," I smack my forehead, "why was I so nervous, heh okay I'm ready." So they started asking questions about my family and work. Then the recent incidents. I answered as much as I could. When we were done it was around three so Clay and I went and ate.