Chapter 20: Cheese Ballz Delight

Chapter 20

Juney’s POV:

I struggled my way through the crowd and went behind a 15ft x 5ft podium they called a stage. I follow the meaty odor coming out of the staff’s corner. And there he was, 6ft tall beast with Cheesy Ballz on his beard standing idly by the door. I took a deep breath of fresh air – not exactly fresh – from the hall and approached him. Wrick noticed me and smiled like a Chessire.

I nodded and stood next to him. He offered me the snack and I took a handful of cheese balls, popping each one in my mouth. As I did that, he signed ~ How are you? ~ quite frigidly. I mouthed ‘fine’ and gestured to him. Wrick lifted up the snack box and gave me a thumbs up. Enough said.

As the cheesy flavor melted in my mouth, I mulled over what I saw with Color and her boyfriend. I felt a light twitch in my eyes when he kissed her. Nothing really big, just that now I’ve been confirmed that he’s Color’s boyfriend. Still, she seemed kind of shock when he kissed her. Is that normal? But whatever it is, it’s not my problem. Speaking of problems; Juney. I still feel angry thinking about it, because I hate the feeling of being left out, especially when it’s something really big. Damn it, if I could hear, maybe things would have been differe....

Something hit my ear. And from the look of it, a crummy orange ball of delight. Hawke Eye Wrick looked at me: ~ What’s wrong? ~

~ What do you mean? ~

~ You seem... sad. What’s up ~ He looked at me with his big brown eyes, begging for a response.

~ Nothing. I’m fine. ~ No, I’m not. I’m fed up with lying about how I feel all the time.

~ I don’t believe you. Tell me something. ~ He insisted.

I rolled my eyes: ~ It’s not your problem.~

~ You said ‘problem’? ~ He asked. I nodded. ~ Doesn’t matter. I’m the g-o-s-s-i-t queen and I need to know.~

He spelled ‘gossip’ wrong. I shook my head and looked down at the floor. Keep your feeling inside, Juney. Bottle it in, Juney. Don’t let anyone think you are vulnerable.

Wrick nudged me. I sighed: ~ You wouldn’t understand. Literally, because you don’t know what I’m signing about. ~

~ Doesn’t matter. Just tell me. Get your guts out. It’s good.~ I smiled at his caring warmth and how he faked pour his guts out. But no, sorry Wrick, this is between me and Juney. But there’s one thing though.

~ You remember B-E-N?~ He nodded. ~ How long have him and Color been dating? ~

~ Ben and Color? What’s wrong with them?~

I had to do the heart shape with my hand and mouthed ‘how long?’. It took him a good 5 seconds but Wrick finally gasped: ~ No! They are not... um...~ He did the heart thing and crossed his arm, shaking his head. ~ Color doesn’t have a boyfriend. Ever. And that Ben guy.. ~ He stuck his tongue out in distaste.

I felt a weight had been lifted off my shoulder. So the peach smelling guy is not her boyfriend, meaning... What does it mean exactly? Does it matter who is Color’s boyfriend? Do I even like her that much? I don’t know. She’s a really nice girl. But apparently it’s out of the question and out of my business where this will go. Besides, I have something else on my plate. I just looked at Wrick and sighed: ~ Thank God. ~

He bursted out laughing with cheese bits flying out of his mouth. Gross. Then he looked around and seemed confused: ~ Where is your brother? ~

Oh yeah, about that... I stared deep into his eyes, mourning: ~ Do you even know which one I am? My name? ~ I signed as steady as possible for the big man to understand, which he did alright by instantly glowing red. I can see him stutter: “I.. ay... you..” but Wrick quickly composed himself: ~ I know you are my favorite one. ~ Then he pulled me in for a big slimy hug. Nice save.