Chapter 23: Sleepless Night

Chapter 23

“Dad, I want to tell you something. But PLEASE don’t over react and just try and find a way to deal with this situation delicately. You know the boys are... No! This is not working Color, you can’t defend for him. Dad will flip.” Color huffed as she paced back and forth in front of her misty mirror.

It’s been 7 hours since Color found out Boran owned a deadly weapon. She hadn’t told anyone about it but was slowly dying on the inside out of axiety and fear of what would happen. If anything went wrong, it would be all her fault for not doing anything about this critical matter. She couldn’t confront him but still hadn’t found a way to break her lethal discovery to anyone. Color yanked her hair in agony and tested out all kind of scenerios:

“Hey Haley you’ll never guess what happened...”

“Yo Brandon want to get into the detail of this sizzling hot news?...”

~ Juney, do you know about this deal with your brother...~

“Wrick, please don’t start a freaking gossip squad with your mom. It’s just a gu...”

Mom.

That’s it. Mom. Color should tell Mom. She’s an art consultant. Maybe she could consult Boran into.... drawing a masterpiece with his new found gun. Yep, Lana was the last person on the list. She always drove things over the edge with her severe lack of discretion and talent for dramaticalize everything. Plus she was too bubbly and this news could ruin that mind-set.

Then Ben popped in her mind. She traced back to yesterday when they hung out and it brought a smile to her face. He was seriously charming and looked like he came straight out from a poster for a teen soap opera. Gorgeous but genuine, caring but bad-ass and call her crazy, but Color could sense a mutual feeling of interest being sent out from him. She had never had a boyfriend and this could be a steping stone for Color’s mundane teenage life. And then she could tell him this news, you know, if she didn’t die before that.

Color wearily rested her head on the desk, blowing a few strands of hair that got stuck in her eyelashes. “Too tired to think...” She mumbled. But not too tired to write. Color popped open her yellow laptop and clicked on her unfinished works. Unfinished meant she just didn’t have the balls to let anyone read her stories. Color kept writing a lot of stories but they just kept adding up and like her, were hiding themselves in hidden documents of the drive. Forcefully. It was her escape, a sanctuary for her mind and everything she loved but such a shame that she had to lock them down.

Color wrote and wrote until it was 3 a.m. She was well aware that she had school tomorrow but was even more aware that she wasn’t going to give a single fudge about it. But being a panda wouldn’t be good to Ben’s eyes or the twins, so she decided to catch some shut eyes. Color flung herself onto the bed, grateful for the 4 hours when she could forget about the gun’s presence and before her eyes went completely shut, she caught sight of car’s headlight flashing. “Weird” she yawned – ‘nobody in the neighborhood ever stays out so late...’.

Color jumped up to the sound of Mrs. Fairley loud beetle and the unusual lack of irritatingly birds’ peeping sound. With her eyes half open, something dawned on Color: Mrs. Fairley went to the Average Joe’s gym 8 a.m every morning, which meant...

Color was late for school.

Thus began the age old tale of Color’s incredible 3-minute preparation for school. It still amazed her family how lightning quick Color got ready for school in times like this – yes, she was a tardy nerd – it almost felt like she’d mutated into Flash with strings of curses. She hoped on her “wagon” and dashed to the street, paddling like a hyper kid at Mitt Donalds. While she was riding like the wind, Color’s mind continued to chew on what happened yesterday and the haunting image of Boran kept residing under her eyelids. So lost in her thoughts that Color didn’t notice something was heading towards her.

A big silver Rover was coming straight her way.

Yo Party People, it's Halloween, bwahahahahaha...

May your Halloween be blessed with slutty costumes and bad pun(s)ch. Get it? Nevermind I've just ruined it.