Blaine

Kurt had tried to avoid Mercedes at school on Monday, but it turned out that this was not an easy fete. She found him by his locker at lunch and told him he owed her an explanation, which he guessed he did.

"Basically, it started off as a drunken mistake that just didn't know how to end, okay?" he informed her. "I don't know what that means regarding his sexuality or whatever and I don't care, either. It's over."

Except Kurt did care and he knew Blaine was gay. He had no qualms or doubts, he just knew.

"But you like him?"

"He's attractive and the only guy to take any interest in me," Kurt said, with a shrug. That didn't give away much. He hadn't denied it, nor had he admitted to it.

"Not exactly true," Mercedes muttered and Kurt was about to ask what she meant by that, but she was looking behind him.

Kurt turned and saw a now-familiar face looking back at him, clad in the same leather jacket, with his golden hair falling over his eyes. Kurt sighed. It hadn't occurred to him that Kenny living with Puck meant he would be attending school here.

"I'll see you later, Kurt," Mercedes said, quickly. "I have to go meet Rachel and Tina."

Kurt tried to protest, to beg her not to leave him alone with Kenny, but she was gone and now, Kenny was there next to him.

"Hey, pretty boy," Kenny smiled, all-teeth.

"Don't call me that," Kurt muttered, remembering the last time he had been called that. His heart contracted and he turned away from Kenny.

"Why not?"

Kurt ignored him and began to dig around in his locker for nothing in particular.

"So, you, me, tonight, Breadstix?" Kenny smiled. "Whaddya say?"

"I say in your dreams," Kurt rolled his eyes.

"Oh, we don't go to Breadstix in my dreams, Hummel," Kenny informed him, one eyebrow tilting upwards. "We stay right at home in the comfort of my bedroom. Or yours, depending on which dream you're referring to."

Kurt felt his face flushing at the idea of Kenny thinking about him in that way. He closed his locker with a loud bang, then pulled his bag up on to his shoulder and began walking down the halls. Kenny followed him, walking a few paces behind. Kurt could feel his eyes on him and he felt uncomfortable.

"The things I would do to that ass," Kenny said, behind him, whistling low and loud.

Kurt slowed down and turned to wait for Kenny to catch up with him.

"Look," he said, firmly. "This isn't going to happen, okay?"

"Oh, really?" Kenny asked, just grinning.

"Really," Kurt affirmed. "You're not my type."

"Oh, we have a type now, do we?"

Kurt hated when people did that, when people referred to him as 'we'. "Yes and you're not it," Kurt clarified. "So, no, I will not go out with you."

"I wasn't asking you to go out with me, Kurt," Kenny smirked, taking a step closer. "I'm asking you to come home with me."

"Even worse," Kurt shook his head, trying to ignore the intense heat sweeping up the back of his neck. "I'm not going to sleep with you. I'm not into the whole 'look-at-me-I'm-a-badass-but-it's-hard-to-convince-people-of-this-because-my-name-is-Kenneth' thing. So, give up."

"Virgins," Kenny said, with an exasperated sigh.

"I," Kurt informed him. "Am not a virgin."

He probably should have shut up and allowed him to think that he was, maybe then he would leave him alone, but Kurt's verbal diarrhoea seemed to strike at the most inconvenient times.