Meeting!!!

"Emergency glee club meeting!" Rachel screeched as she ran past Blaine in the school halls. He turned and watched her go.

Rachel was always so dramatic. He considered not going, because he was not in the mood of listening to her panicking over her song choice for next week's assignment. However, Blaine had class with Kenny next, which he most definitely was not looking forward to. If an emergency glee meeting could get him out of that, he would endure fifty Rachels.

When he walked into the choir room, he saw that Kurt was not yet there. He didn't think anything of it as he went and sat in the back row by himself. Mercedes climbed in to the row in front of him and he hoped she wouldn't turn around and say anything about what she knew. He wasn't ready for that.

Rachel was standing at the front of the room, her hands on her hips. She looked impatient as the others began to take their seats, talking and surmising what the meeting might be about. Once everyone had taken their seat, Mr Schue, who was leaning against the piano, quietened the class down, then gave Rachel a nod. Blaine figured Kurt was not at school today. Also missing, was Quinn and also Puck.

"You may be wondering why we called you hear today," Rachel said, eyes sweeping over the students. "We are not just a glee club, we are a family and a family cares. You may notice that we are missing a member of our family today."

Everyone looked around, confusion on their faces. Rachel rolled her dark eyes.

"Okay," she said. "We are missing more than one member, but I meant a member who actually shows up."

Oh. She meant Kurt.

"As captain of this glee club, I volunteered to break this news as gently as possible. Unfortunately, Mercedes discovered something rather sad today," Rachel continued on. "I know this is interfering with our classes and that we—"

"Rachel," Mr Schuester said, warningly. "This is no time to get sidetracked."

"Of course," Rachel said. "However, I do think it should be first pointed out that—"

"Rachel!" Mercedes said, loudly and everyone's gaze fell on her. She paused a moment, then stood up. "I called Kurt this morning, guys, and his dad picked up and said he'd gotten into a car accident early this morning."

Blaine's heart went still. His mind was suddenly filled with a rush of scenarios, some bad, some awful, some he didn't even want to contemplate.

"Is—is he okay?" Tina asked, worriedly, next to Mike.

"His dad said he'll be okay. It wasn't a bad crash," Mercedes told them and Blaine wondered what kind of crash was a good crash. "He has a lot of bruising and a concussion, but he'll be okay. Rachel and I just tho—"

"We were thinking we could all go and see him at the hospital," Rachel cut in at the front of the room.

Mr Schue stood up straight and walked to stand next to Rachel, then. "Now, I understand a lot of you have a lot on with classes and might not be able to go," he announced. "But if you'd like to go, I asked coach Sylvester if we could borrow the Cheerios' bus, just for today and after a lot of prompting, she agreed."

"No, Mr Schue," Finn said, standing up. "Rachel's right, we are a family. We should all be there for Kurt."

Blaine looked around the room at the collective nods and then turned and nodded, too.

No matter how many times Blaine had seen his father display extreme anger and abuse, he still got that flittering feeling all throughout the inside of his body. He felt as if every part of him had gone to mush and his hands shook and his head whirled and he couldn't think straight.