Maybe?

There were only two weeks until Kurt was leaving for New York and Blaine was feeling more depressed than he had in a long time. They had spent a lot of time together, despite not actually being together as a couple. Blaine thought about what Kurt had said the night of prom, about how they shouldn't have even broken up, because they always seemed to end up in bed together and it was true.

Since prom, they had ended up in bed together numerous times. They had slept together the night after the nationals competition, which they won (apparently, Quinn wasn't the only one who believed in celebratory sex) and the night of graduation, too. They had spent almost every day during the summer together, too, so naturally, many of those nights had ended with them getting intimate.

Blaine had been sort of bitter-sweet about how often they spent in one another's company, because he had broken it off for a reason, he needed them to not continue to get closer, because that would make things harder, but at the same time, he didn't want to waste a minute not breathing the same air as Kurt. Now that the time was drawing closer, he didn't know what to do.

He had managed to secure a job at the Lima Bean, which wasn't really his dream job, but it was fine for now. It wasn't really that he needed the money, he was still using his father's cash for everything, including the hotel he was now staying in. He had applied for the job because he wanted something to do. He was tired of sitting around, doing nothing all day. It had been good for a while, but he had grown tired of it. At least with the job, he felt as if he was doing something.

He called Kurt one night, as he lay on the bed in his hotel room. He called Kurt most nights, or Kurt called him. It hurt to think about not hearing from Kurt every day once he was gone, but most of the time, he tried not to think about that, because like most things in his life, he put them off until they were right in front of him, when he had no choice but to face them.

"Hi," he said, once Kurt had picked up. "I've been thinking."

"Makes a change," Kurt teased and Blaine smiled, half-heartedly.

"I'm going to go back to my parents' house and pick up the rest of my things," he told Kurt. "Make a clean break and all that."

"Oh, yeah?" Kurt asked. "Are you sure?"

Blaine twisted his face. "Of course, I'm sure," he told him. "Why wouldn't I be sure?"

"I don't know," Kurt said. "I guess it's like clearing out the rest of your things makes it really final, y'know?"

"Exactly!" Blaine smiled, slightly. "I don't want anything to do with them, so I should just break away."

"Only if you're sure."

"I am."

There was a pause, then Kurt spoke, "I'll help you."

"What?"

"Clear your stuff out," Kurt went on. "I can give you a hand with it."

"Oh," Blaine said. "Yeah? You know you don't have to."

"If you don't want me to, I won't." Blaine could almost see Kurt holding up his hands in defence. "I'm just offering my services." Blaine grinned at that. "NOT in that way!" Kurt interjected and Blaine could hear him smiling.

"Aww," he fake pouted. "But seriously, thank you. That would be amazing."

"Okay," Kurt said. "When do we start?"

"Will you relax?"

"But my dad is home!"

Kurt sighed and sat back in the passenger seat of Blaine's car. "What do you want to do?" he asked. "Do you want to come back another time? Do you want me to leave and do this by yourself?"