Chapter Twelve: Mione's little secret

I woke up extremely early. I was really nervous for today. What if I cost us the game? I couldn't get back to sleep so I decided to read for a while. I was reading Cinderella. It was everyone at the orphanage's favourite bedtime story. Violet used to say I was Cinderella. The way I used to cook and clean everything. They said Vicki was horrid enough to be the ugly step-sisters and step mother combined. I checked the time. Hermione would usually be getting up soon. I got out of bed, had a shower and changed into my Quidditch robes:

 I got out of bed, had a shower and changed into my Quidditch robes:

I walked out and saw Hermione getting ready to watch the game.
"Morning 'Mione" I said.
"Good morning Vee. You excited?" She asked. I shrugged.
"A little, more nervous though. What if I ruin the game for us?" I said lying on my bed.
"You won't. Did you see yourself at practise? You were incredible" Hermione said. I smiled.
"I couldn't really see myself 'Mione. It's not like I could watch myself from the stands you know" I said. She got a wicked grin, to which I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.
"Maybe you can...Come with me" She said. She pulled me over towards her trunk and pulled out a small box. She opened it and inside was a beautiful golden necklace. I stared at in awe.
"Well it's a beautiful necklace Mione, but how exactly is it supposed to help me feel better?" I asked.
"It's not just a necklace! Its a time turner. Professor McGonagall gave it to me at the start of the year. That's how I've been getting to all my classes. That's wh-" Hermione explained.
"Why you keep popping up out of nowhere" I finished, catching on. She nodded. "Mione this is wicked" I said.
"But you can't tell anybody ok?" She said. I nodded.
"Okay" I said.
"Pinky promise?" She said holding out her pinky. I laughed.
"Pinky promise" I repeated, linking pinky's with her.
"Okay lets go" She said.
"Can I go?" Jonny asked. I grabbed him and put him on my shoulder. Hermione put the necklace around both of us and started to turn it. Suddenly the sun was high in the sky.
"Now we cannot be seen by anybody, Okay?" Hermione said.
"Okay" I said. She smiled.
"Let's go then" She said. She opened the door very slowly and stuck her head out. "The coast is clear. No one's here" Hermione said. We walked down the stairs to the common room. It was empty. "We should all be in class now. That will give us an advantage to get to the Quidditch pitch without being seen" Hermione said. We cautiously walked through the castle, careful not to be seen by teachers, prefects or stray students roaming the corridors. We made it out of the castle without being seen and sprinted to the Quidditch pitch. We waited, hiding in the stands. Soon I saw Oliver and the rest of the team walking to the middle of the field. Then all the tryoutees, including me walked over to them. Fred and George ran over to the other me. Then I saw Malfoy walking past me's way. I saw him mock my broomstick and I just wanted to walk straight down there and punch him in the face but Hermione grabbed my arm.
"Remember we can't be seen" She said. I sighed and just glared at him. Not that it would do much. I saw everyone else tryout and then it was my turn.
"Oh Merlin, here I come" I murmured hiding face in my hands. Hermione laughed. I watched as past me mounted my broom and flew around the pitch. Future us were sitting behind past Ron, Hermione and Jonny.
"Is that really what I look like from behind?" Jonny asked as he tried to look at his back I laughed and went back to watching past me. I caught every quaffle thrown around, got almost every goal past Oliver. I wasn't half bad but I was still a little nervous.