yoongi || a song

My lips twitched at the big Love Night sign on the bulletin board of the club where I work as a performer. Its tonight's theme. And also the reason why I hate Wednesday nights because it will require me to perform a song about love.

Aish.

I heard Namjoon, he's one of the performers here and unfortunately my only friend, laugh behind me. "You're frowning again Yoong-sshi."

I grunted. "Why does it have to be love night every wednesdays? Ugh."

"You're such a grandpa Yoongi. What's wrong with Love Night every wednesdays? Don't you love seeing couples?" Namjoon said in a teasing tone.

"Shut up. You say that because you have a girlfriend."

"Don't be upset now. Anyway, do you have a song for tonight?" Namjoon asked.

I shook my head. "I don't have any song ready. I haven't finish writing it."

Namjoon hit the back of my head.

"Aw! Namjoon I'm your fucking hyung!"

"Then act like one! Why are you always so grumpy on Love Nights? Is it because of her? Because she left you? C'mon Yoongi! You're better than that."  Namjoon said, almost yelling.

I laughed bitterly. He's right. Namjoon's right. This is because of her and I hate it because she's moving on and I'm not. "You don't know what I'm going through right now Namjoon."

Now that he reminded me about her, everything we had replayed in my mind. Memories that I'm trying to bury in the back of my mind.

The song I'm writing, it was all about her. All about how I am suffering my life everyday. I scoffed at how pitiful I am right now.

I picked up my bag and went to the bar counter.

"Gimme a shot of what you have there Hanseol." I ordered.

"Not in the mood, are we?" Hanseol asked while he pours a drink on a shot glass.

I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Yes."

Hanseol laughed. "I saw her."

I scoffed and drank. "What is she doing here?"

"Don't know. She had someone with her. She knows you work here, right?"

"Fucking yes. What the fuck is her show this time? Bringing that bastard here. Tss." I hissed.

Hanseol tapped my shoulder. "Whatever it is, you better finish that song."

--

"You're, you're my favorite girl
You're still my favorite, favorite
You're still my favorite girl.."

I watched how the audience listened to Namjoon's song from the backstage while I finalize my song. I heard them shout for more.

"You want more?" Namjoon boomed, laughing. Obviously you dummy.

"Okay okay. But after this, let's give a way for the main event for tonight. Are ya'll ready for Min Suga?"

The crowd cheered and clapped, and the music started to play on cue.

"This song, is called Monterlude." Namjoon adlibbed.

"I don't want to kick this at all..
I want you to want me, that's all but we don't know how.."

I blew out a sigh and finally passed the CD to Jungkook and Jimin, our dongsaengs here at the bar and also our resident DJ.

"Remember your parts, Jimin?" I asked Jimin, who will be helping me in singing the vocal parts.
"Of course hyung." He replied, giving me a thumbs up.