Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Elsie’s POV

“Excuse me for a minute,” I smiled at the pastor and patted Nathan’s hand. The cake we’ve been eating for the past hour was gradually creeping up my throat and I couldn’t take it anymore; it needed to go.

I got up from my seat and Emma followed without saying a word. She caught up with me and looped her arm around mine. “I thought I’d help you hold your hair,” she laughed. I only nodded with a tight smile. I knew if I opened my mouth to say anything I’d end up puking out cake.

After I’d gotten rid of the cake and champaign in my system, I flushed the toilet and gently dropped its cover on it. I sat down and sighed. Despite the vile action I’ve just done, I’ve never felt happier; everything has come together so perfectly.

“So has he told you where he’s taking you?” Emma chided and I shook my head.

“No! You know him and his surprises,” I laughed and she agreed. Emma held her hands out for me to take and pulled me up from my spot on the toilet. She fretted about with my hair and dress and once she was satisfied we headed back out.

I’m sure they heard us coming because all of their heads turned to watch us approach the large, round table Alice and Rosalie had set up.

“The bride returns!” Max joked and Emma feigned offense.

“What about me?” Emma shot at Max.

“Oh yeah, hi, Emma,” Max gave her his “good boy” smile as she slapped the back of his head. Max pouted. I honestly don’t think this family could get any better than this.

“Well, I know you’ve just taken your seat, Elsie, but I best be going.” The pastor said and he shook my and Nathan’s hand and expressed his thanks and congratulations. That officially makes this wedding reception 100% vampiric.

 “Nathaniel,” Sam called from across the table. Nathan rolled his eyes; he strongly disliked being called by an older form of his name.

“Yes?” Nathan replied in a monotonous tone.

“Shouldn’t you get the car ready?” Sam hinted and Nathan’s eyes grew wide.

“Right! Excuse me, Mrs. Sykes and everyone.” With that, he stood up and left a lingering kiss on my cheek. I watched Nathan as he zoomed across the field and into the house.

“You know you’re in love when you mess up your priorities,” Tom said nonchalantly. Kelsey hugged him playfully.

“Aw, come on, Tom-Tom.” She cooed.

“Yeah, yeah. Don’t make me go all tacky. No one wants to see that,” he said and Jay raised his hand up.

“Actually, that would be rather amusing, don’t you all think so?” Jay said in his most dignified accent and everyone laughed in agreement.

“Oh, piss of,” Tom smiled at his lap and we all continued to tease him. Just then Alice perked up.

“Oh my gosh, we need to get you out of this dress!” She held up the train and dropped it back on the ground. Rosalie tugged on my arm and Nareesha, Kelsey and Emma and Bella stood up to direct me to the house.

“Isn’t that Nathan’s job?” Emmett joked and him and Siva high-fived. I narrowed my eyes at them.

“Excuse them.” Jasper apologized and I giggled. I looked over at Edward who was just sitting there, acting like he didn’t know them. Bella stiffled a laugh.

“You boys behave while we’re gone.” Rosalie warned and they all, in sync, placed a hand above their dead hearts and swore by it to behave. I shook my head in disbelief, my lips forming into an "O."

“Yeah, okay.” Nareesha muttered with her gorgeous smile.

“Come on!” Alice tugged on my arm excitedly and I sped up a little.

***

“There.” Emma finished brushing out the braids in my hair and I smiled my thanks.

The girls have changed me into a more casual dress. It’s a simple emerald green dress—sleeveless with a clingy upper part and a flared skirt. Nareesha handed me my purse and practically pushed me out the door with the girls teetering behind me. With one last shove from Alice, I think (based on the feel of someone’s tiny hands behind my back), I hit something hard and I looked up to see that Nathan had caught me in his arms.

“Excited, are we?” He teased and pressed his lips against my forehead. I gave everyone a hug and a kiss before sliding in the front seat of the sleek, black car. As Nathan drove away I waved to our friends and family.

“Wait!” A sudden thought hit me. Nathan looked alarmed but didn’t stop the vehicle.

“What is it?” He asked.

“I didn’t even pack….” I thought out loud and Nathan only laughed.

“You know, you really shouldn’t doubt your girl friends,” Nathan said in a “duh” tone, with a slight mimick of what a girl stereotypically sounds like. I glared at him playfully and punched his arm.

“Hey, don’t go injuring the driver, now,” He stuck his tongue out and I raised my eyebrows.

“I can’t believe I married you,” I joked and Nathan looked genuinely hurt for a split second before mustering up a joke. Our relationship history surely must’ve been traumatic on both ends.

“So, where are we going?” I asked in attempts of lightening the mood.

“It’s called a surprise for a reason.” Nathan stated and chuckled. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it slightly.

I only sighed in defeat.

A/N: See? I told you there'd be random updates within the week! So that was the good ol' reception for you all :)  Haha, I think I just said that in an Irish accent..... Anyway, I hoped you liked this chapter, especially with more of the Twilight infusion, despite them being the Harrisons and not the Cullens. Stay tuned for the up and coming ones! Comment and vote :) xx

Edited December 30, 2013