Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Emma’s POV

Elsie ran out of the house and Nathan was about to run after her. I was trying so hard not to laugh at my immature thoughts; the whole scene looked so predetorial on Nathan’s part. Like, a man literally running after a woman. I internally slapped myself and saw that Max and Tom were struggling to restraint Nathan. They were bombarding him with questions and telling him to calm down. That just made me want to laugh even more.

Stop it, Emma, I thought. So much for being 29, or really, 182 years old. I scoffed at myself. That’s when it hit me--none of this was happening simply because El is gorgeous.

“Boys, let him go!” I practically shouted. Max and Tom looked at me like I was mad, thinking Nathan would hurt Elsie, but I knew he wouldn’t. I gave Tom a stern look and he let go of Nathan, and Max followed suit. Nathan immediately dashed out of the house, following Elsie’s trail.

“Emma, what’s wrong with him--?” Jay started, but he stopped when he saw a cheeky smile on my face. Actually, everyone gave me a curious look, which nearly made me want to laugh all over again.

“She’s his mate…!” I whisper-yelled. Kelsey and Nareesha’s eyes went wide and they went over to me. We got caught up in one of those girlie, squeely hugs.

“Hold on…what?” Samuel interrupted us, and us three girls gave him a look that said, “You ruined the moment.”

"You heard me!" I laughed, and the boys didn't look so confused anymore.

“I know that look from anywhere, Sam. They’re mates.” Nareesha said and Kelsey nodded, still smiling. I understood why Nathan’s reaction over Elsie was strange to the rest of the boys, but that’s only because they’ve never seen anything like it. I admit it was quite scary watching the whole thing. But if it’s fate, Nathan will run after her and fight for her, and he did.

“Wow…” Siva trailed off, looking dazed and confused about what had just happened. Soon after we sat around in the living area and caught up with each other.

And now, we wait.

A/N: Sorry if this sounded a little awkward, but I wanted to make Emma cute, as if a teenager is still inside her. And. Things are going to get good. That's all I can say for now. xx

Edited December 27, 2013