Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Nathan’s POV

“I’ll miss you,” I said to Elsie. She looked up at me with those eyes and I pulled her into a loving hug. I was going back to London for about a day and a half, just to catch up with my clan before the wedding.

“I know,” she said into my shoulder. “I’ll miss you, too…”

“Alright, break it up,” Samuel said playfully and El and I broke apart smiling shyly at them. Emma giggled and gushed about how we were so cute.

“You’re not one to talk, Samuel,” El said. She sounded like a proper teenager and that made me laugh.

“Okay, I’ll see you soon.” I gave El another kiss and I waved as I walked out the door. I stopped halfway down their pebble walkway and instantly felt sad. I haven’t been away from El for more than a minute and I was already feeling this way…mating changes you.

I began walking again and then I was sprinting off to London.

Elsie’s POV

It’s only been a few hours since Nath left and I was already feeling down. Emma could sense my disposition and she told me to take as long of a stroll as I needed to sort myself out.

I smiled at Emma and stood up and grabbed my jacket from the hook just by the door. “I’ll try not to be too long out there,” I called out and exited the house.

I must’ve been walking for the whole afternoon because now I see that the sky was becoming darker by the minute. I was quite far from home but I just kept walking. That was until someone came into view.

“Miss?” It was a girl around my age and she looked lost.

“Yes?” I replied as I stepped closer to her. She seemed nervous about something…and she didn’t seem human either. Just then a gust of wind shot through us and I was greeted by her sweet smell, confirming that she’s very much a vampire.

“I was wondering if you could help me out with something…” she trailed off. I unrolled my fists from the pockets of my jacket and placed them at my sides.

“Sure, I’ve got time—“ I was cut off by her placing her hands on either side of my face in a flash. I froze.

“You’re so pretty,” she said in a low tone.

Next thing I knew, I heard a sudden crack and everything went black.

A/N: Finally some form of drama :P  Comment, vote...the usual! Sorry it took so long to update....who knew on the first week of 10th grade I'd already have a bunch of homework? -.- 

Edited December 29, 2013