Chapter 4

Disclaimer: This chapter is a tad mature! For anyone who likes this, enjoy. ;P xx

Chapter 4

Elsie's POV

I ran as fast I could. It was strange, though. The further I was from Nathan, the more this sense of hurt was building up inside me. Whatever what was happening with me, I did my best to deny.

I was sure miles away from the house when I ended up sitting on my favorite cliff, which looked out to the prettiest landscape I know. I sat there anyway, even though I knew this Nathan would find me eventually. Just after a few moments, my theory came true.

"Elsie?" A deep voice said behind me. I turned around, and there was Nathan. Panicked, I shot up and balanced myself on the edge of the cliff. I could always run away further from him. But a part of me just felt tired of fighting myself away from him.

"What?" I asked him coldly. I wished he wasn't standing there because all my instincts felt was to hug him. My mind was telling me not to.

Shit, he could be my--

My inner monologue was cut off when he spoke. "I don't know what it is, but I'm drawn to you," he told me honestly. "You're my mate." He said confidently. How could he know that?!

"You just know, Elsie." Emma's voice and lecture rang through my head. I wondered how long I was able to control myself.

I must've been looking down, thinking so deeply about this whole situation, because the next thing I knew Nathan was right in front of me. I hadn't even sensed him there.

He slowly placed his hands on my shoulders and I stiffened even more. "I have this need to be in your life,"

"And what if I don't want you in my life?" I argued, looking him in the eyes. Looking him straight in the eye didn't help. At this point, I was definitely contradicting myself.

"I don't think I can fight this anymore, and I don't think you can, too. You're mine, Elsie. Don't fight this," he said softly.

"No! I will not be owned by anyone!" I yelled at him. He didn't look bothered at all by my outburst. This whole thing was instinctive, and I plan on fighting my instincts. This guy may not be the one I want for the rest of my life.

"Mates are for life. You just know." Emma's voice echoed in my head again. God dammit. Must she be right? I knew she was right, but this was happening all too suddenly.

I pushed his hands off my shoulders forcefully and began running again. Clearly I wasn't fast enough because he pinned me to the ground and held my arms on both sides of my head. He was making me nervous, but I strangely liked it.

"Stop! Can't we talk this over?" Nathan said sounding frustrated.

I wanted to say no, but I was caught up in his eyes, and I think he was, too in mine.

Eventually, he rested his forehead on mine and I think we could've spent hours just looking at each other. My breathing was ragged, and so was his, though there was really no need since vampires didn't really need to breathe. Next thing I knew he was kissing me.

He was forceful at first, but I gave in because it felt so right. When he sensed that I was finally defeated, he let go of my wrists and I immediately placed my hands on both sides of his face and pulled him closer. His hands rested on my hips and he gave them a slight squeeze, making me gasp. He took the chance to slide his tongue with mine. I've never been kissed, but now I understood how everyone else felt. It felt like I was being the teenager I should've been years ago. After what seemed like forever, we broke apart and I let out a short breath out.

"Are you done fighting me? Yourself? You're mine and I'm yours." He stated, and I simply nodded, though I wasn't done fighting myself.

He smirked and kissed me again. He trailed kisses from my lips along my jaw line and down to my neck, making me move my hands from his face to over his shoulders. Nathan lingered on my neck for a while and I knew what he was about to do. I didn't even question him.

Nathan sunk his teeth into my neck and drank-he was officially marking me. I squeezed my eyes tighter when I felt a slight pain. He moaned and I pulled him closer. I knew he was done when he lightly licked the mark he had just left on my neck and kissed the spot. He looked at me as if to tell me that it was my turn. Everything was so instinctive, and I knew to just let my instincts take over me. I pushed his shoulder and made him lie on his back. I went to work almost immediately. Nathan looked at me and licked his lips and pulled me even closer to him; I knew he was getting impatient and I couldn't help but smirk a little.

I gently pushed his face to the side and began sucking on his neck. His blood was sweet, and again this overwhelming feeling came over me. Everything just felt so right. I heard him groan a little and I pulled a few more swigs of blood before sealing the mark I now left. Though as soon as I finished, my "rational" thoughts were taking over me once again.

Jesus, El, stop fighting it. You're going to end up with him anyway! I thought to myself. But I just wanted to see how long I could be without him, and maybe we'd both realize that we weren't meant to be together. I'd be the first to go against these instincts.

I stood up quickly, and Nathan looked at me curiously from his spot on the ground.

"Elsie?" He started.

"I'm sorry." I told him and I dashed away from him again, back to the house.