Chapter 14: "The Hotel"

"And here is your Master Suite, sir." The manager showed us inside. "As you can see, the top floor offers a beautiful view of the city. We hope that you will enjoy your stay, Mr. Mikkelsen. It is always a pleasure to have you back."

I wasn't certain whether or not the manager meant Mads' return to Copenhagen, or his return to the hotel. Copenhagen made perfect sense, yet the hotel rose a subject that would surely remain unexplored.

"Elise, I hope that you don't mind, but we will be sharing this room for the night. I will take the couch and you can have the master bed."

"Not a problem." I smiled awkwardly.

Sleeping in the same room posed no issue whatsoever... It was the fact that I knew that, with him in the room, I wouldn't be able to sleep. I mean, it was hard enough sleeping in his home. God only knew how I would manage to maintain myself and my devilish thoughts all night.

"Will there be anything else, sir? Any help with the luggage?"

"No, thank you. I will manage the luggage." Mads slipped him a hundred.

Mads was anything if not overly generous with his money.

"Alright my dearest, make yourself at home and I will be right back with our luggage."

"Our luggage?"

"I don't understand how many times I need to emphasize to you that I will always take care of you. You needn't ever worry about needing anything when you are with me." he rubbed my shoulders and kissed my forehead.

I blushed as I watched him sprint out to go and retrieve our luggage.

---------- 30 Minutes later ------------

"Are you ready Elise?" Mads called out to me from the front desk.

I was glaring at my reflection in the lobby mirror as I tried to perfect the red color of my lipstick onto my full lips.

"Yes, of course." I swept the hair out of my eyes and ran, as quickly as my heels would allow me, out the front door.

A large stretch-limo awaited our arrival right in front of the hotel. Mads opened the door and held the back end of my dress as I got in.

"I'm going to have to ask you to put this back on again." Mads sat next to me, then closed the door with one hand and held out the blindfold with the other.

"Ugh... Again?"

How many times was he going to enforce this blindfold?

"Come on, Elise... I enjoy the the look of surprise on your face. All will be fine. Trust me, darling." He winked at me with his natural reassuring grace.

"I trust you." I bit the inside of my lower lip and leaned toward him.

In that moment I knew... I knew that I had to take advantage of this seductive dress and my masterful womanly ways. I knew that that "something" I had hoped to silence would speak even more loudly than I could possibly bear. I knew that, during this one night, it would be my mission to make him fall madly and irrevocably in love with me. And I knew exactly how I was going to do it.