Chapter 37: "Never Forget"

"I assume you still prefer the red, Elise?" Mads held both the red and white wines above his head while I sat patiently on the side of his white marbled counter top.

"Always." I grinned with playful confidence.

He filled the glasses three quarters of the way and escorted me, left hand around my waist, up the grand staircase.

"You know something," he laughed swaying his glass with his other hand. "I don't believe I've ever allowed you a proper tour."

"Honestly, you needn't feel obligated to-"

"No, no..." He interrupted. "I insist. At least allow me to better familiarize you with the upper half of the house."

I bit into the inner corner of my cheek and smiled before simply saying, "Alright."

Without hesitation he succeeded in showing me the many various rooms that made up the glorious perfection that was his home. His media room, gothic library, interior garden, and personal study all left me in awe, yet the one room I had still wanted to explore more than any other remained to be his bedroom.

"My goodness, I had never fully comprehended just how breathtaking your home is."

"Thank you. Although, it is more a house than it is a home; far too large a house for one man to live in. It can become rather lonely from time to time."

I was unsure how to approach his statement without raising a topic that would upset us both, so I attempted to dodge it completely as I placed both of our glasses onto the hallway table. "Tell me, Mads, how does our delightful tour end?"

"Well, min engel, that depends upon three things:" He took delicate hold of my jaw and raised it towards his.

"Your willingness..." He grazed his lips against my left cheek.

Oh.

"Your moral curiosity..." He whispered as he continued on to my right.

My.

"And your desire." My lips quivered as he deviously teased my mouth with his skillful, Danish tongue.

God.

"Mmmmm..." I breathed against his tasteful mouth as I felt my lower abdomen grow quickly excited against my will. "Please do continue with our tour, Mr. Mikkelsen."

Mads kept hold of my waist with both hands, kissing my neck from behind, and showed me to the two tall doors that I'd fantasized about for so long.

"Allow me." He stepped aside and grasped the two knobs.

My knees grew abundantly weak and my mouth gaped open as he finally revealed to me the unfathomable perfection of his bedroom. My eyes darted all about as he held me close and lead me further inside.

His bed was exquisite, the centerpiece of the room's entirety, and it was complimented with two grand mahogany night stands; the left held a neatly folded script and Mads' reading glasses while the right contained a bedside lamp and one of Lee Child's bestsellers. The right wing of the room glistened in white and gold trim where his glass shower and clawfoot tub lurked, while the left wing held a walk-in closet that could be justifiably deemed as a room of its own. In coherence to my original assumption, his subjective decor lingered significantly with traces of him.

"Elise?" His kisses trailed between my shoulder blades.

"Hmmm?" I managed through my soft moans.

"Spend one last night with me... Allow me to love you just one more time."

Mads held me tightly as I turned and showered him with kisses.

His words shook me with a wave of pure emotion, and I struggled to contain my sadness. In that moment I knew... I knew that I would never again enjoy the bliss of making love to the one man who filled the gaping hole in my heart. I would never again create a magnificent bond as genuine as what we had shared. I would never again loose myself in a man who loved me beyond his soul's capacity... who loved me like I loved him, to the moon and back. I would never again see him... kiss him... love him... feel him.

I looked to him with tear-filled eyes. "I love you so much... I want tonight to last forever."

He pushed his forehead lightly against my own as his eyes began to match mine. "You are my forever."

I gingerly teared at his clothes to keep myself from crying, and he did the same. Once we were both undressed, he laid me across the center of his bed and kissed each bit of my skin more slowly than ever before, leaving my head at rest upon his silky pillow.

I inhaled slowly to the tender rhythm of his enchanting lips. In that moment, and every other moment that would follow, all I wanted in the world... all I wanted in life was him.

After surly an hour of irrevocable kisses, he leaned over my body and gradually let himself slide inside of me. I could hardly breathe as he slowly pumped himself in and out of my body, my mind was so overwhelmed with emotion, he felt immaculate... beyond compare. His speed was so steady, leisure, and precise; every second felt like a blessed eternity. The components of our lovemaking were just as spiritual as they were physical.

At the profound moment that he finally came within me, my insides tingled and twitched in a sublime response. Our souls became a singular love one last time and I treasured every mere second of it.

I savored the indescribable gift that he had bestowed upon me; I relished in the completion of his being... our being. My eyes sparkled with compassion as I gleamed whole-heartedly, one final time, into the illuminate face of the love of my life. And as I shifted my focus to none other than his sorrowful eyes, I felt every ounce of the unbearable pain... for it was a pain that exceeded all comparison. An excruciating pain that he was enduring over the knowledge of his inevitable loss of me... his salvation... his engel.

Mads held my face within the hold of his kind hands and kissed me as our cheeks grew wet with heartache.

I love you.

Now.

Forever.

Always.

"I love you, Elise." he whimpered aloud. "Please never forget how much."

"Never."