Ch. 35: A Week

Garroth's POV

It's been a week since the fight. I haven't interacted with Aphmau or Laurance ever since. To be exact, I haven't exactly interacted with anyone. I've been texts from Dante, saying random stuff and telling me to answer him, and Katelyn saying she heard what happened. I assumed Aphmau told her.

All I've been doing for the past week is look like a sad sack.

I've been regretting what I said to Laurance, but all the stuff I said just felt right to say.

And I'm kinda glad I did....

Because it's kinda true...... To me of course.

Still.... I kinda feel bad. And now they both hate me.

Laurance hates me because I said I hated him and said his voice sounds like a rat....

And Aphmau..... What I said about her was just.... Ugh.... All the things I said sounded like I treat her like she's a trophy.

If you were my friend you wouldn't be jealous!

Of what?!

Aphmau and I!

And.....

Shut up! I'm the one who has a girlfriend!

Ugh..... I'm a monster..... I don't even know why Aphmau and Laurance are friends with me. Or were friends with me....

Ya know what.... Maybe I should talk to them today! I left them alone for a week so maybe they'll be ready to talk to me. Maybe...... Hopefully......

~~~~~~~~~~

*Knock Knock*

I waited a couple seconds then the door opened. I see Laurance with his hair all messed up and a frown on his face.

Seems like I'm not the only one who had a bad week.

All I did was smile. He raised his eyebrows and slammed the door in my face.

"Laurance?"

"Laurance? Come on.... Can you please answer me....?"

"Laurance?"

"Garroth! Leave me alone! I recommend you apologize to Aphmau! Call her and stop annoying me!" He yelled back.

"She doesn't have a phone..... Gene has it...."

"I don't care! Just go away!" I turned away from the door and started walking away.

~~~~~~~~~~

I stood there in front of her door. I can't get the courage to talk to her.

What are you talking about!? You're never able to talk to her! Yeah.... I know.

Ugh! Laurance was right! Whenever I'm talking to Aphmau, I just do my stutter thing.

I knocked on the door.

"Come in!" I hear her groan. I opened the door and walked in. I saw Aphmau sprawled out on her couch. She had an over-sized shirt on and short black shorts.

So everyone had a bad week because of me! Great!

She made eye contact with me.

"Get out!" She yelled at me. She looked away from me.

"I didn't even---"

"Nope! Nope! I don't want to hear your voice!" She cut me off.

So I guess my voice is that bad.... Is it?

"Aphmau..."

"Garroth! The things you said, were harsh. To Laurance and to me."

So she's not mad at him but me! I'll be honest, the things I said were harsh to the both of them, but still. Laurance started it! Ugh.... Face it Garroth! This is all your fault and there's nothing you can do about it.

"I get why you're mad, but please---"

"That's it! I'm calling Katelyn!" She yelled.

"You don't have a phone! Gene has it!"

"She'll hear me anyways. Katelyn!" She yelled out.

"Garroth. Get out." I heard a voice say. I turned around to see Katelyn behind me.

"What the heck! When did you get here?!" I yelled.

"5 days ago! Now get out! My friend doesn't want to see you!" She yelled.

"It's been a week since I've seen her! It's been a week since I've seen anybody!" Katelyn leaned in next to my ear.

"Garroth.... I know you didn't mean what you said. You were just in an angered moment. Trust me, I'm the person who would understand that the most. I just want Aphmau happy right now and the thing she wants right now is for you to be gone. Just call me once you get to your apartment. Okay?" Katelyn whispered.

"Hey! What are you two doing!" Aphmau yelled.

"Okay..." I whispered back to Katelyn.

"I was just threatening Garroth." She answered Aphmau. "Now, get out..."

"Ugh!" I said as I slowly walked to the door and left. 

Katelyn must have something planned.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened the door to my apartment. I took out my phone and called Katelyn.

"Hello?" I heard her voice say.

"It's Garroth."

"Oh yeah---"

"Katelyn! Who are you talking to?!" I heard Aphmau ask in the background.

"Nicole. Now, I'll be in your room Aph." Katelyn answered.

"So, I'm Nicole now?" I asked.

"No! Nicole is too good compared to you."

"Thanks...."

"No problem. Now, we have to get Aphmau to talk to you.... So....."

"Actually, I have a quick question. Will Aphmau talk to Laurance at all?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, they're calling every day to talk about how arrogant and rude you are. Aphmau and Laurance are now dating."

"Wait! What! Laurance!!!!! He's so--"

"Kidding! Just kidding! Aphmau lost her phone anyways!"

And I'm the one who's telling everyone that....

"Right...."

"But Laurance did come over here once."

"And what did he say.....?"

"He and Aphmau went to her room to chat in private."

"Great!"

"But, it's your lucky day Garroth. I listened in on their conversation." Of course she did.

"What did they say....?"

"They---"

"Katelyn! Get in here!" I heard Aphmau yell.

"Sorry Garroth... I'll call you later..." She hung up.

Really!

I was just about to get all the information I needed!

It's just so convenient.... Too convenient...