The outsider

In some place very far away or was it very close? A young boy floated in an abyss of cyan light. The boy could feel neither cold nor heat. Moving his body was proved to be an impossible endeavor. He would've kept trying but a warming voice coming from nowhere and everywhere interrupted him.

"A patientless jester comes to one before the sun has even risen." The voice reprimanded with sorrow hidden under her anger.

A sense of nostalgia entered the confused boy. This situation the voice it seemed all too familiar, so much, in fact, that it made him want to laugh.

"O? Humor failed to escape thou. Doth this jester hold onto a name?"

He thought it was an odd question, but when he gave it a shot he found that he couldn't recall his name. The boy knew he had one but no matter how much he tried he drew blanks

"Pointless as a sphere, tis a shame"

Worry returned to the voice's tone.

The boy wanted to ask what had happened to him, but he couldn't every time he tried his own body seemed to fight against him.

"One can not speak of yesterday, but thy name-" The voice seemed to be hesitant of what to say next, "Thy purity seems to have been swallowed by the darkness of the unknown and without it, thou can not leave here."

There was a hint of hope in the voice hope. he took in the words the voice had said, but couldn't find the true meaning behind them. The boy then asked where he was.

"A search with no real discovery, one resides everywhere yet is never really there.

The boy confused by this answer ask who the voice was.

"An existence acknowledge by few, an outsider of the arcanes and the order. This matter is not focused on one, but the jester. Thou must find thy true self" the voice responded in a hurry it had no time to answer the child's questions.

The boy wanted to know more but push it aside. He didn't like making people worry.... But why?

"The jester finally gain ears, good. one makes an oath to thee. A pact that we shall meet again and when that sun rises one shall all."

The boy, being reassured by the promised, put all his effort into remembering his name. The problem was the more he tried to remember the more confused he got. Not only could he not remember his own name but he could not remember anything about himself. His home, parents, friends he couldn't remember any of them. It was a miracle he could remember his gender. Frustration starting to grab hold of him, he decided to take a break to calm down. There had to be something besides his gender he could remember, but what?

"Come on my child thou is strong."

From those words, the boy had a realization about something. There was something he could slightly remember it was right in front of him or was it? The voice, this situation both gave him a strange sense of nostalgia. He just had to focus on that, but what about these things gave him such nostalgia he wondered. As he pondered this he also tried to think of anything else that gave him nostalgia. There was something it was what the voice said. It called his name purity; purity why did that word grab his attention so easily. It wasn't just that it was the same way with darkness but why?

"Go on, the truth is almost in the reach."

That voice, even though the boy could not tell its gender the way it calmed him gave him a different sense of familiarity. The more he focused on these things the more his mind started to clear. Then a hazy vision came to the boy. He immediately focused on the dream-like vision as if trying to grab afraid that it would run away. As the vision became more vivid, he started to fall asleep. The child fought against this strong urge but his eyes grew heavier and heavier until they weighed on him like heavy boulders.