Reincarnation

A/N and with this, I can put that reincarnation tag in and pull in more readers.

Iya

In a past life, Iya Barbara was named Galenia Aahna. A woman who died at the early age of 27 by being in the wrong place at the right time. Her soul caught the attention of the lightning Arcana, Thundurus, for some reason, and they without even asking for permission reincarnated her in the world of Traorus.

She was angry at first but got over it all. She was born to a well-off merchant family, Thundurus gave her their crest at birth, and her parents easily accepted her having knowledge of another world. She even managed to make friends with the duke's daughter and a few other kids who kept her life interesting.

There was just one little blemish in Iya's fairly happy life. Actually two, one was her growth not adjusting to this world making her smaller than even people younger than her, and two would be a certain boy who just popped into her life when she was nine. He seemed innocent at first, but then he assaulted her with puns, small jokes, and head pats whenever the two interacted. He was such a pest that she didn't even bother to remember his name for the four years they had known each other.

It was true that she had the accumulated knowledge of a 36-year-old, so getting angry over such childish jokes should have been beneath her. She knew that and would tell herself that she should be more like an older sister to the brat, but every time she saw him her maturity seemed to take a coffee break.

This time was no different. The moment she saw him sleeping on the back porch her mood went sour. Iya's hand pointed to the boy and before even Sophia could react an ark of static electricity was sent his way.

<lightning bolt>

The boy's eyes shot open and he ducked just before it hit him, making Iya click her tongue.

'Not even when you're asleep.'

The boy looked over at them with now half open eyes. When they landed on Iya he smiled only annoying the girl more. She was about to throw another attack at him when Sophia's hand lightly touched the girl's shoulder sending a sense of dread through her body.

"Since it is not like you to just randomly attack people like that, I will give you a chance to explain yourself."

Sophia always had a way of sounding pissed off while keeping a calm voice. Iya gulped avoiding the elf's cold green eyes. How could she explain her action to the women? She didn't even properly understand her hostility. While she was thinking up an answer, the boy spoke up.

"It's okay mam we're friends."

Iya looked at him with a smile.

'You consider me a friend even though I have no clue what your name is?'

Sophia, on the other hand, didn't sound convinced.

"Really?"

The boy smiled in response.

"Shocking right? But Iya has always had a short fu-"

<lightning bolt>

He jumped to the left before the spell could hit and began to run away from the chasing Iya.

"WHO WOULD WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH YOU!"

she screamed throwing more bolts of energy his way. The boy just laughed keeping a safe distance away.

"You sure are energetic today."

"Your puns are horrible!"

Iya could hear laughter from Jocelyn behind her, and she knew Sophia would not let this past. Even so, she would hit him at least once before she even feared the consequences. Since she was only using enough mama to paralyze a child, she was able to keep up her onslaught for an hour and a half. Her crest allowed her stamina to not run out despite them running back and forth over a decent size of the backyard.