Spare

A/N: and after weeks of absence I'm back! What happened? Complete and utter laziness. By the way, this chapter is going to have a switching of POVs. I'll try to make it clear when I do it.

PS: scratch that lasts part. The fight was a lot longer than I expected, so no switching POVs.

Sophia

Around half an hour later Fernande and Kiyoshi came out from the backyard door engaged in a conversation.

"- certain about being an adventure? I'm not exactly one to say, but are you sure? We may be called the unchain people, but in actuality, we're more like handymen who don't really have a stable income."

Kiyoshi said rubbing his chin seeming to consider something. The boy wore weathered brown leather boots, brown cotton shorts, and a long sleeve cotton shirt. Yes, it was also brown.

"I don't care about that!" Fernande jumped off the porch slamming her black leather boots onto the dirt ground. "As long as I can explore the world, I don't care what kind of income I have."

Fernande walked to Sophia who was waiting in the middle of a dirt rectangle that was outlined by white chalk. She wore a black variation of Kiyoshi's outfit. Sophia greeted them both with a nod once they stopped in front of her.

"Well as you heard the young lady would like to be an adventurer, so I have a question for you."

"Yes, mam?"

"What are your ranks?"

Although it's commonly called the Adventurer's Guild, it actually the combination of three different occupations. The mercenaries, the adventures, and the hunters. Also known as the ones who work as bodyguards or bounty hunters, the ones who explore dungeons and uncharted lands, and the ones who hunt beast and gather herbs for a living. Since these occupations tend to overlap, a guild was eventually form combining all of them. The ranks, F-S, just tell people how good they are at one of them.

Kiyoshi took a moment to check his pockets for something. He then pulled out a small chain with a metal plate attached to it. On it was engraved three letters F, C, and D.

"I'm F as an adventure, C as a hunter and D as a mercenary."

He said holding out his plate. Sophia took it and flip it around where words appeared in thin black ink.

Name: Kiyoshi Hotaru

Age: 12

Some simple information in case someone finds his dead body. This also served as an identification when passing through a border checkpoint. Sophia nodded her head and gave his ID back to him.

"Good, then I would like for you to test Fernande in a fight."

Fernande's eyes lit up with excitement.

'So is this what you were after?' Sophia wondered as she made the kids position themselves at the ends of the dirt arena. She shook her head rejecting the thought. 'no she would want more than that.'

Fernande parents are Bo and Charity after all. Those two would squeeze the most benefits from any given situation, and their daughter has unknowingly learned to do the same thing. Well whatever, her intentions would be revealed soon enough. For now, Sophia's main priority was to see how well Fernande did against someone her age.

After the kids got in their positions she began her explanation of the rules.

"this will be simple. Whoever pins the other to the ground wins. Daya will be able to heal any injuries you might have but refrain from any mortal wounds."