Cabin in the Woods

A/N: and we finally get to see what happened in the cabin from Daya's perspective. This should clear a few things up.

With their stomachs filled The party of six began exiting Solomon's Reached. That's when Daya felt that the boy's dormant conscious had suddenly gone active. The elf panicked feeling her hold on him loosened. The boy's paced began to crawl to a stop and Brian noticed this.

"Hold on," he said holding his hand up to stop his fellow guards. "Ms. Summah is there something wrong? I thought you said he wouldn't be stopping."

Daya didn't answer him, instead, she made a quick decision and held out her wand.

'This shouldn't hurt that much.'

She thought as she poured energy into her tool. The tip of her wand glowed a light blue color and the small dot appeared on the boy's head once again. His face briefly contorted in pain before returning to lifeless expression. After a moment, he started walking off the road and towards the woods west of Salamon's Reach. Daya let out a sigh of relief following the boy. Brian walked next to her looking confused.

"Miss Summah what just happened?"

"Something simulated his senses allowing his fractured thoughts to center on that stimuli. I needed to send a mental attack in order to send his mind into disarray again."

Daya tiredly explained. From Brian's look, he obviously didn't understand, but she didn't bother to explain any further. In her panic, she neglected to regulate her mana usage thus using more mana than necessary.

'I feel like sleeping again.'

Daya thought, letting out a yarn; her eyes closing in the process. When the elf opened them again she found Brians still walking beside her.

"I don't really get it, but if there's a chance he could regain control, then it's best I say close to you."

He explained after glancing at the elf. Daya simply nodded her head before looking ahead of the boys' direction.

'Please tell me he's going to change directions soon.'

She prayed weary of their potential destination.

The sun was halfway across the sky when everyone following the boy let out a groan. Daya facepalmed while whispering curses.

'Why would he lived in a place like this?"

Said place was the woods that was a quarter day away from Salomon's reached. It was known as Twilight Forest, or Dusk Woods by some people, and a few steps in Daya could tell why. Even though it was the middle of the day, it seemed like twilight had come upon them by surprise. This illusion persisted all day long thanks to the thick foliage of the dark ork trees and for the early hours of the night thanks to the mana within those trees' leaves capturing the light from the day. It was a beautiful place indeed, but sadly its beauty held the dangers very common in the world. Like many places untouched by man, the Twilight Forest was a cesspool of monsters and mutants.

This knowledge alone had put everyone on edged, especially the guards. They surrounded Daya in a circle formation, weapons out and ready to strike at anything that might jump out at them. They only allowed the boy to be a foot or two in front of them prepared to pull him away from danger at a moment notice. This formation persisted until their guide past through some bushes into a clearing. The guards entered after him first to make sure it was clear, at least they were supposed to. Daya watched in wonder as each one was stopped after a few steps into the clearing, their bodies frozen by some invisible force.