One-sided

Victor

Ms. Kane bowed and then started walking towards the front door.

"Fernande is in the living room. If you're alright with it the new butler will be tending to you for today and tomorrow."

Victor and the others followed the elf with Jocelyn walking ahead. She grabbed hold of Ms. Kane left arm giving it a hug.

"You always seem to know what we want."

Victor felt a bit jealous of the act. Since becoming ten he began avoiding doing such embarrassing actions. The elf looked down at the girl and returned the smile.

"Of cause I make it my job to keep all of you in mind. That being said." the elf pulled Jocelyn closer. "later we will be having a talk about your little surfing adventure yesterday."

The girl stiffened at Ms. Kane's words. Victor smirk knowing full well her "talks" were two steps from psychological torture. Jocelyn let out a nervous chuckled and let go of the woman. Ms. Kane looked at Victor and Iya.

"Oh, you two too. The cause of Salomon's school getting burned down need to be addressed." Iya jumped and hid behind Victor. allowing the elf eyes to naturally landed on the boy making him clench his fist "And, Mrs. Paytah has shared concerns about the sudden drop in your grades."

Victor's cheeks began to flare up at the thought of talking about that. He did have to admit most of his thoughts has been thinking about the love question. Yet telling Ms. Kane that it was the reason for his drop in academic performance would be too embarrassing.

When they reached the front door, instead of opening it for the kids, Ms. Kane's turned around and handed each of them a mask and goggles. Victor looked at the two items in his hands confused. Looking up he saw her putting one on.

"We are in the middle of dusting. Please put these on."

Her muffled voice instructed. It took a moment for Victor and the others to get over their confusion and follow her order. Once they did, she opened the front door revealing a cloud of dust so thick it was impossible for Victor to see more than 10 feet in front of him.

"Wha-what happened here!?"

"like I said we're dusting."

Ms. Kane answered his question as if it was perfectly reasonable for a manner that's cleaned daily to have this must dust.

"th-this!? Wh-wh....how!?"

He was too stunned to form a coherent sentence. He was grateful Iya was there to ask for him.

"how did this much dust get out?"

Neither her nor Jocelyn seem to have any intent to entering the dust cloud. Ms. Kane looked at the inside with a rather blank expression.

"We were finally able to fix the vents in the basement, but there was something stuck in the ventilation system. The dust built up until it blew open a hole. Well, you see the results."

Victor couldn't help but look astonish by the whole thing. He stood there a moment wondering what they would do. Then Jocelyn pushed him forward.

"Welp I think me and Iya are going around to the backyard. Good luck."

The boy turned around with no intention of going in.

"And why would I-"

"Fernande in the living room helping clear the dust." Sophia's word killed any resistance. "I quite sure she would be grateful if you helped her."

And with that Victor was raring to go. He turned back around ignoring the giggling behind him. Bringing up his left arm Victor begins channeling his second crest. A gray light comes from the back of the hand bringing attention to the crest of wind. A circle depicting the eye of a tornado. The image inside swirled around at a ferocious speed.