Chaotic Sanity

Hi! I've been posting this story part by part on my Tumblr since I started writing it in August but I figured it'd be easier and more convient if it were posted on here instead. Enjoy and review/vote por favor. - Brianna

__________________________________________________________________________________

Part 1

Eli sat at the Dot tapping his finger on the side of his laptop. Ms. Dawes wanted Eli to edit a few things from his play. Sure she loved it but she felt a few lines were a little wordy. Eli simply took a few deep breaths, nodded his head and walked out the theater. He just had to make a few things less wordy which wasn’t as bad as having to rewrite the whole thing altogether. He edited the last line clicked save and e-mailed the script to Fiona and Ms. Dawes.

“Mind if I sit?” Eli looked up to see a girl with dark brown ponytails, brown eyes, and a red polo with black arm warmers covering her hands.

“Hey Imo, sure sit.” Eli kicked the chair from under the table for her to sit. “Do you want a coffee?” He smirked.

“Uh…sure why not. I’ll get whatever you get.” Imogen smiled as she cleaned her glasses on her polo.

“Whatever I get coming up.” Eli joked.

Imogen sat at the table and slide his laptop her way. She opened it and checked her Facerange. As usual nothing interesting. Big whoop you drunk a diet coke and felt like you lost 2 pounds. She scrolled down some more. Shaking her head at Jenna’s 10th post today: “Soooooooooo bored. TML”. She scrolled some more to Anya’s status which looked like she typed it when she was on crack. Just as she was about to log off she saw Clare update her status. It was a quote from Eli’s book Stalker Angel and a heart at the end. She huffed.

“Here you go one latte.” Eli smiled handing her the latte. “Whatcha doin’?”

Imogen shook her head. “Huh? Oh…just checking my Facerange.”

She clicked log off and pushed his laptop in his direction. “So Mr. Goldsworthy did you tweak the play?” she smile sipping her latte.

“Yep, I sent it to Fiona and Ms. Dawes right before you got here.”

“And they haven’t emailed you back?” Imogen’s eyed widened.

“Maybe they aren’t by a computer Imo, not everybody gets my e-mails sent to their iPhone.” he joked smiling. Imogen nervously looked around. “…it was a joke Imo.”

“Oh.” she laughed. “I…knew that.” Eli smirked at her and she blushed. Eli had been calm these last few days. She couldn’t help but think it was because of her. Or maybe because he got some closure. The last thing he needed was Clare. He insisted that Imogen not come to his meetings with Clare because he needed to know how to keep his cool without Imogen holding his wrist and clutching him when he felt tense.

“So, Adam and I were going to hang out at this Indy band concert Saturday night, if you want to come.” Eli packed his laptop into his bag and casually checked his phone.

“I thought Adam was hanging out with Dave Saturday night, you know video games and pizza?”