Chaotic Sanity - part 12

Bianca followed Eli out of the apartment stopping him before he reached the elevator. Barefoot with her hair unusually messy she ran in front of him blocking him from walking.

“Alright look emo boy imma need you to calm down for two seconds and let me talk.” she pursed her lips staring at him as his expression softened. She pointed her finger to Fiona front door signaling him to walk that way.

He grunted and turned around knowing he shouldn’t argue with Bianca. They stopped across from the apartment leaning against the wall. Eli slouched down lying on the wall. Bianca looked down at the emo boy sit. “It’s not your fault you know.” the brunette pushed her messy hair back and slouched down to sit next to him. “She didn’t drink because of you.” she looked at his face waiting for an expression to show.

“If she didn’t drink because of me, why did she then?” Eli kept his eyes on Fiona’s door which opened to show Fiona walking out and looking for a clean place to sit.

Bianca opened her mouth and nothing came out. She didn’t know if she should tell them or not. She didn’t want to betray Imogen’s trust but at the moment Imogen could lose the one guy she truly cared about over something she couldn’t control. Bianca knew that feeling. She was living it. Drew was the best thing to ever happen to her if she was to lose him because of Vince and her past, she wouldn’t know how to deal. Eli began to stand up. “Eli you’re all she has.” Bianca looked at him with hurt in her eyes. He looked at her confused. “Her parents want to emancipate her.” she looked at Fiona and Eli’s frozen expressions. Eli slowly slouched back down.

“Wait was that the letter she got today?” Fiona looked at the two juniors. Bianca shook her head yes.

“She hid the papers under her pillow and I saw them when she went to change.”

“So she doesn’t know you know?” Fiona looked at Bianca with her eyes big.

Bianca shook her head no and turned to Eli who looked down in shock. “Eli…”

“All she needed was someone to be there for her and the one guy she thought would wasn’t.” Eli let out a scoff. “I’m the worse boyfriend ever.”

“Trust me, you’re not.” Bianca and Fiona said at the same time. They looked at each other. “Eli compared to the guys I’ve dated you’re like perfect.” Fiona said turning to Bianca.

“Yeah and my ex-boyfriend was a gangbanger.”

“Was? He changed his life around?” Fiona looked confused.

Bianca looked at Fiona trying to find the right words to say. “Let’s just say he’s rotting in hell.” Bianca shrugged her shoulders and turned back to Eli. “Look I know she’ll hate me for this but, Eli you’re her first boyfriend, first kiss, possibly even her first friend at this school because I seriously don’t recall her talking to anyone else besides me and Fiona. Do you really want to break her heart because you don’t think you’re good enough when she thinks you are?” Eli looked at Fiona and then Bianca. The curly haired girl made sense.

“I’m just afraid.” he mumbled.

“Of?” Fiona looked at him confused.

“What if I fall in love with her and it ends up like what happened with Clare? Or worse, Julia?”

“You have to believe it won’t. Right now Imogen is in there lying on a couch in a vulnerable state while two people who can’t handle the sight of anything that comes out of the body watch her. She’s basically hit rock bottom but I bet if she was to ask for any person to help her up, it’d be you.” Fiona put her hand on Eli’s. “Now, do you want to be with her?!”