7: The Sleepover

After dinner, Sam and Gabriel went back to the Novak house with the rest of the Novaks and Shurleys. Sam dialed Dean's number again on his cell phone while they were in Lucifer's car.

"Uh, hello?" Dean asked.

"Hey, Dean."

"Sammy? Where've you been!?"

"I'm at the Novak's house, Dean."

"Okay..."

"Is Lisa still over?"

"Yeah, she's sleeping over tonight."

Yeah, just 'sleeping over', sure. "Ugh. Can I sleep over at the Novak's?"

Dean took a second to answer "...Uh, sure. Just make sure to catch the bus tomorrow."

"Okay."

"Okay, see ya." Dean's line went dead.

Sam hung up. He turned to Gabriel. "I can sleep over tonight, if that's okay with you."

"That's cool."

The car pulled into driveway and everyone got out. Gabriel led Sam into the house and straight to his room. It was close to eight o'clock by then, so Gabe opened his closet to find pajamas. He threw out two over-sized t-shirts and two pairs of fluffy pajama pants. Sam caught the items before they could hit the wrapper-covered carpet.

"Which one's mine?" Sam asked.

Gabriel shrugged and launched himself onto the bed. Sam chose a dark t-shirt with some band's logo on it and a pair of olive green, plaid pants. He threw a tan t-shirt and a pair of dark blue pajama pants at Gabe. Then he sat on the bed next to Gabe.

"Where can I change?" Sam asked.

Gabriel gestured to the room. "We're all friends here."

Sam reddened. "You want me to change right in the open? I just met you today."

"So?" Gabriel asked, smirking.

Sam huffed. "Where's the bathroom?"

Gabriel sighed. "Down the hall, across from my parents room."

"Thanks." Sam left Gabriel's room.

Gabriel sighed and sat up. That dinner party really zapped his energy. He quickly threw on the pajamas Sam had given him, then sat back on the bed.

A minute later, Sam came in the room. "So, what're we going to do?" He asked.

Gabriel shrugged. "Wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure. Which one?"

"Star Wars?" Gabriel offered, bouncing off the bed.

"Perfect." Sam sat on Gabriel's bed and grabbed a fluffy blanket, wrapping himself in it.

Gabriel inserted the movie in the CD player and pressed play. He chose the Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace because, let's be real, it doesn't get enough love. He jumped onto the bed next to Sam and put a blanket around himself.

The movie started with the signature yellow text. Gabriel turned to Sam. "Have you seen this?"

"Yeah." Sam said, transfixed by the screen. Gabriel leaned on Sam's shoulder as the text disappeared and the movie really started.

It wasn't until about the time that Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Con Jinn met Anakin that Gabriel felt his eyes droop. "Hey, Sammy?" He whispered.

"Yeah?" Sam asked.