8: All the Pranks

Gabriel and Sam hung around the lockers until class change. As if on cue, Jess and Jo strutted up to their lockers, chatting all the while.

The opened their lockers in sync, and were engulfed by the mass wave of bouncy balls. Jess was mortified. Jo was caught by surprise and had fallen on her butt.

Sam stifled a laugh. Gabriel let out a tiny chuckle.

Jo and Jess looked around. Everyone was either laughing their heads off or pretending that they weren't. Jo had a murderous look in her eyes. Jess was still mortified.

Gabe grabbed Sam's hand and casually walked out of the shadows. Sam was still trying not laugh hysterically. Gabriel was accustomed to not-laughing at his pranks.

Sam and Gabriel ran into the closest bathroom. Sam immediately burst out laughing.

"Did you see her face!?" Sam exclaimed.

"I know, right!?" Gabriel laughed.

"That was so fun!"

"I know!"

The two boys laughed together for awhile. They eventually collected themselves after about two minutes.

"We- we should probably get back to class." Sam said.

"Yeah." Gabriel agreed.

The two boys grabbed their bags and left the bathroom. Sam headed left, towards his Drama class. Gabriel headed right, towards his study hall.

~~~~~~~

Sam had his playbook open and was reviewing his lines as he walked to the auditorium. The semester's play was Bye Bye Birdie, and Sam was casted as Hugo.

Hugo's kind of a jerk. Also, a control freak.

Sam pushed the auditorium doors open to find utter chaos. People were running around, shooting silly string at one another. In the corner, Jo was covered in the puffy stuff.

How does Gabriel get this stuff done? It hasn't even been three minutes!

Sam took a seat in the back of auditorium and opened his playbook. His eyes skimmed over the words and songs, barley registering the meanings.

Basically, Hugo was dating a girl named Kim. Kim got chosen to kiss Conrad Birdie on TV. Hugo got jealous and plotted to stop the kiss.

Basically, it was like real life.

Suddenly, Sam heard the doors slam open.

"What is the meaning of this!?" A large, powerful voice yelled.

The auditorium silenced.

"What on earth is going on?!" The same voice yelled.

Sam twisted in his seat to see an angry woman in a pressed grey suit standing in the doorway. Her brown bob framed her reddening face.

It was the school principal.

"Well?" She asked.

"It was- it was-" Jo stammered.

"Yes?" The principal asked.

"The Trickster." Jo squeaked.

The principal turned to her secretary, who was on standby. "That's two pranks today. We must find him."

Sam gulped. They won't be able to find Gabriel, right? He's covered his tracks well enough.

Hasn't he?