Chapter Seven

My eyes fluttered open and I stared up at the ceiling. My entire body ached; from head to toe. I didn't want to move. Every movement was as if my body was shattering on the inside. I knew Black had to be in the room somewhere, but a part of me didn't care to know. The other part of me wanted to know in case he tried something again. Last night was brutal, and torturous. I never thought it was going to end. Despite my struggles, Black was never fazed once when I clawed him, kicked him, or head-butted him. In fact, he seemed to delight in the challenge all the more. I closed my eyes again, picturing me back in the nursing home with my grandfather. I would much rather have my heart broken by him calling me a different name than in a room with Black. I opened my eyes and slowly moved my head until I spotted Black, sitting in his chair at the desk, reading some type of report. His hair was fixed, and he looked as if he didn't lose a wink of sleep. His white collared shirt was unbuttoned all the way down, revealing his chest and stomach, and he was wearing black slacks. He held a drink in his hand, the sweat off the glass dripping to the floor. I cursed him over and over again for what he did to me last night. Never once had I felt so powerless in a situation, but with Black, I was nothing. Nothing compared to this man. I tried to move my legs and pain shot up, so I decided to lay there. I looked down and saw I was dressed again. Oh how nice. Satan decided to put my clothes back on. How sweet. I knew if I laid here all day, nothing would get done, and Black may come in for a round two. Gritting my teeth together, I tried to sit up, but decided it was best to just be. My body was throbbing.

"You're awake." I didn't respond. I heard the glass get set down and soon enough, Black was towering over me. He reached down and slid his fingers across my cheek. "You're up earlier than expected." I huffed as my response and looked away from him. He sat down beside me, twirling a strand of my hair in his hand. "I take it it hurts to move?" I flashed him a death glare and he smiled. "As to be expected. I didn't go easy, after all."

"Bastard," I muttered and he laughed quietly.

"Ah, back to the name calling," whispered Black as he continued to play with my hair. "I wonder how many names I'll get called today?" Grumbling, I looked away from him, forcing myself to turn my body away from him. I ignored every scream of pain my body was making. Of course I was pissed off. As I tried to move my legs, I found it nearly impossible because of the weight my legs were suddenly bearing. I looked down at them, and my eyes widened when I saw a large chain shackled on my left ankle. I sat upright, ignoring the pain as I stared down at the shackle now binding my leg. "I can't have you sneaking off." I looked over at Black, who was now standing and buttoning up his shirt.

"You're chaining me to the bed?" I scoffed and Black smiled at my tone.

"I have to go out on business today," replied Black as he put on his maroon tie. "Knowing what you'll do while I'm gone, this is my solution. Or would you prefer a cage?"

"I'd prefer you in a cage," I growled as I ran my fingers over the shackle. Even if he hadn't chained me, I wouldn't have tried to escape again. Two men were dead because I thought I could make it. Black walked out of the room and reappeared with a tray. He set it on the bed and watched as I stared at it.

"You need to eat," he said as I looked at the pancakes, blueberry muffin and a glass of orange juice. "I want all of it gone by the time I return."

"You're joking if you think I can eat all of this," I said, still staring at the food.

"I know it's not your strawberry and banana smoothie, but you'll have to get over that." I flashed my eyes over to him to see that dark, sinister smile creeping over his lips. How much does this creep actually know about me? "I'll be gone until later this evening," he continued, ignoring my gaping face. "The chain will stretch as far as the bathroom." He looked over at me, his eyes slightly narrowing. "I want you to eat that now."