If You Love Me, Let Me Go

"Why the hell would we do that?"

"Because I don't want to go back." I pause, deciding that it wasn't a good enough excuse for him. "I don't like the people there." I shrug, "my family, school, my life."

"Okay, what about Brendon?" he raises an eyebrow at me.

"What about him?"

"You guys are a thing, he'd die if you left him." I look up at Spencer. He seemed to not care but care at the same time. Like he was my brother who wanted me to go on my own, but didn't want me to leave home. "We aren't a thing. We were never really a thing. We were an unofficial thing, and I don't want it to be something if it's holding me back from doing my own thing." I whisper.

"What do you have to survive on your own?" He asks, looking down at his feet. "Enough" I say. There was a silence between us.

"What's going on?" Brendon says, emerging from the other side of the van.

"Jess wants us to leave her here" Spencer says, shooting me a look of 'he's gonna get mad'.

"What the hell? Why the fuck would you want to stay here?" Brendon demanded. "Because I don't want to go back, I don't see the big deal." I say, looking up at him. I see Spencer walk back over to the other side of the van. "Jess, we want you here. Spencer and I are your friends. Why wouldn't you want to go home, with us?" His eyes sparkle with water, looking like he was tearing up. I felt my heart break a little from seeing him like this, but I know I can't just let it go. "Do you not like me?" He whispers, but even under such small breath I could hear his voice crack. "I do" I say, looking away, "but I'm not yours. And I want to stay here, away from everyone who already knows me."

He doesn't say anything, but instead just hugs me tightly, making my tears start to come out, but I fight them back as much as I can.

"Please don't leave." He whispered into my ear. I hold onto him tighter, but I don't say anything. He knows he can't force me to get into the car and make me enjoy life in Vegas. "Come back with us. I don't want you to be here all alone. What if something happens to you? Spencer and I love you too much." He says, pulling away and looking at me.

"I love you too much."