Chapter XII: Tale Of An Escape.

Artemis jumped off the boat, turned back to the old boatman who was frowning in concern. She felt bad for him rolling with all his strength for her to get to the island before any other Olympians arrived.

"Thank you old man," she told him. "You should go, the gods will be here soon."

"Will you make it Milady?" He asked her. "Can you protect him?"

"I-I don't know," she said utterly, the fact that she didn't even know if she could make it out alive. "But you should go"

He just nodded and started to sail the wooden boat away.

Artemis turned to the house at the top of the hill, where Perseus and her mother were still oblivious to the danger. She sprinted to the top.

The doors kicked open, Artemis ran in to see Perseus and Leto having dinner. They stood up to look at her in shock, though Perseus looked a bit more excited to see her again.

"Hey, Art-"

"Pack your things" Artemis cut him off as she rushed inside. "Things were already revealed."

"What do you mean Artemis?" Leto walked away from the table and followed her, who was walking around without knowing what to do.

"Apollo gave out a prophecy," Artemis told them. "It somehow related to Perseus and now the entire Olympus is hunting him!"

They both gasped and looked at each other.

"B-but didn't Apollo promise to protect our secret? He wouldn't betray us" Perseus said.

"It doesn't matter anymore ok!" Artemis yelled. "You guys must pack and leave this place immediately!"

"But go where Artemis?" Perseus asked her.

At the point, Artemis suddenly stopped. She was so worried about their survival that she completely forgot the next stage after they escaped. Clearly, the entire mythological world was hunting him, she couldn't trust anyone except herself. Speaking of herself, an idea suddenly came into Artemis.

"To my hunt," she said. "That's the safest place for you right now. Being close to me, I can be able to protect and keep watch on you."

"Wow wow wow, hold up!" Perseus put his hands to a sign of stopping. "You are telling me to go and live with your hunters? They would rip my head off before I could have my first meal there!"

"Or you rather let the gods execute you instead?" Artemis folded her arms in annoy. How come he could still make an argument at the moment like this?

"Wel-"

"Perseus!" Leto cut him. "Listen to your sister"

He looked at her, but only to receive a stern look. Perseus sighed and ran upstairs.

"Why don't you go pack your things mum!?" Artemis turned to her.

Leto calmly walked up to her, she held her hands and stared straight into Artemis's eyes.

"I can't go Artemis," she said. "They haven't known about Perseus here yet. If they come and I'm not here, then they would know where to find next and that would be you. They will hunt down the last person that related to Percy and Zeus, you know he won't stop until he eliminated the threat."

"But mother!" Artemis squeezed her hands. "What if they-"

"They won't!" Leto confirmed. "as long as I don't say anything, they can't conclude a crime without evidence. I'll be fine Artemis"

Her eyes were glittering, perhaps the tears wanted to drop. Artemis knew she was holding it back, to encourage them. But she was still worried about her mother being left alone.