Chapter XL: Blood Moon Tale

There in the darkness through the silver bars that Percy could perceive and the person stood in front of him surprised the imprisoned werewolf. That grey hair and tall feature. The dark aura around him and that colour of his eyes, gold and wild like a wolf. Lucien stood before him, his hands in his pocket and a sneer Lucien had on his face.

"L-Lucien" Percy stuttered, trying to confirm since it was dark in the dungeon.

"The one and only" he said casually and moved closer, inspecting the strength and quality of the prison bars.

"How did you get here?!" Percy exclaimed. "Do you know how dangerous this place is?"

"Uh please" the grey wolf laughed with arrogance. "Even after five thousand years, the defence of this city is still trash. Can you believe it? One guy guarding the entrance! It's like they're asking to be attacked."

"I thought you already went back home" Percy said. Part of him was relieved to see his kin again. Yet he was still ashamed for what he had done and now he couldn't bring himself to face Lucien.

"No werewolf is left to die Perseus!" Lucien suddenly snapped, despite where he was. "The day you returned to your goddess again, I expected this would come. Have you learned now Perseus? That only your people love you?"

Percy sighed.  A current of sorrow filled his heart and flowed through every deep aspect of his mind. Even though now thinking of Artemis, it hurt him still and perhaps it would never end. But the truth was the truth. That she betrayed him and had built a wall between them and he regretted it. For that pain he carried and the fire of wrath again burned inside him added him the courage to face his kindred and he spoke.

"My worst mistake was to ever trust a god. Only if I listened to you and now I'd have been reunited with our people. I'm no right to beg for forgiveness. But by moment of fury I took an oath of vengeance. Hereby I ask you to release me from this chain so I can fulfil my oath; for I can't rest in peace if I relinquish it."

And there Lucien, looking at a prince in front of him and the excitement filled his heart. For long he hoped Percy would realise his folly and return to the light and he waited hopelessly. But now by the lesson he had learnt and Lucien was moved. There he stepped forward and his arm transformed to a werewolf's, cladded with smooth grey fur and supernatural strength and muscles. His lethal sharp claws cut through the bars like a hot knife through butter and in a blink of eyes, Percy was free.

Lucien dropped on one knee and supported his kin.

"Your mistake is shameful yet it's like a sandcastle before a big wave. For your oath I would not let you stand alone because of my promise to bring you home and no werewolf break their promise."

Percy smiled and held on his hand as Lucien pulled him to his feet. The moon glowed more intense as his strength slowly recovering and the fire burned more fiercely than ever before. He stepped out from the dark cell and navigated a way to escape.

"Though I say to take vengeance" Percy said. "We alone can't achieve it. Also I don't intend to die here by recklessness. We shall escape but will sure inflict destruction on our road"

Lucien smirked for long he waited to hear Percy's words. Now he had the opportunity to take revenge on the gods for so long he waited. The moment was like a wolf inside a farm of sheep.

From there to their left was the entrance which Lucien came, but to the right and below was a deep dungeon with things that growled and howled at night and terrified the guards. A smile appeared on Lucien face.