Chapter 11

Michael was talking to Calum on the phone in their shared bedroom, Luke sat on the couch on his computer. The voices were muffled, so Luke didn't know what Michael was saying, which was fine. Luke continued to look through his emails, trying to find something, anything that was important. Unfortunately, there was nothing. Luke let out another frustrating sigh, since he is procrastinating on writing. It was really procrastinating, he just wasn't inspired. 

Luke shut his computer, pushing it to the side, and getting up from his spot. He needed fresh air. He felt like it'd been awhile since he'd been out, Michael was always preoccupying himself. It made Luke feel slightly bad, but he tried not to take it personal. But he couldn't help it. 

Luke knocked on their closed bedroom door, where Michael was talking to Calum about only-god-knows what. Luke frankly, didn't care about being nosy about Michael's life with his friends.

"Hey, I'm going out for a bit. Be safe, Angel."

The muffled noises stop, and something that sounded like a 'okay' and then silence. Like Michael was holding his breath over something. Luke walked away, out the door and slamming in way louder than he should've. He really needed to burn off his anger. Luke knew just where to go. 

Luke got into the elevator going to the main floor to make his way to his car, and get the hell out of here. 

-

Michael sighed, falling back onto the bed. He flinched when he heard the door slam, then silence through the house again. 

"Mike, what's really going on? I mean, I like talking to you but it seems like you're avoiding Luke."

"Am not!"

"Mike, I think you are. Tell me or tell him. Whatever it is, it can be fixed."

"No it can't, Cal. He never opens up to me. He never actually talks to me about himself, himself. It frustrating that I'm an open book, but he can't even say anything about his life to me." 

Michael started to break down, while Calum waited.

"Mike, he's never opened up to anyone. If I hadn't witnessed some of it, I would've never known. You have to talk to him, eventually."

"Okay, Calum. Oh hey, how is Ashton?"

"I-Um He's g-good.... I...."

"Aw the strong Calum Hood getting all flustered!"

"Whatever Clifford."

"It's really lonely without you guys, or anyone we know here..."

"Okay, Uh can you open the door?"

"Uh why?"

"Just do it."

Michael walked out of the bedroom, to the door and opened it, revealing a smiley Calum and Ashton. Michael smiled, covering his mouth with his free hand. Then he ended the call with Calum, because he is right here. Michael engulfed Calum in a huge hug. Afterwards, he rushed them inside the small apartment. 

"What brings you guys here, anyways?"

"We thought we'd surprise you guys." 

Michael nodded.

"Where's Luke?"

"Um, I guess he went out. He seemed angry when he slammed the door."

"Oh god. That is no good. Luke is no good when he's mad. He's going to get himself into trouble."

"Ash, Calm down. Okay? It'll be okay. We'll find it. We'll bring him home safely."

"Well, if he's getting drunk he'd be at the bar just around the block. It's open 24/7."

"Okay, let's go. "

-

There Luke was. He wasn't hard to find. He sat at the bar, gripping it so tightly his knuckles were turning white. Michael sighed sadly, running up to the blond boy prying the cup from him, and grabbing him by the hand.

"C'mon, Lukey. Let's get you home, now."

"I don't wanna go!" Luke whined.

Michael rolled his eyes, putting Luke's arm around his shoulders, helping him out of the seat, basically dragging him out of the bar. They got Luke into the backseat, safely with the help of Ashton, of course. Michael climbed in with him. They got out of the parking lot, and Ashton started driving back to their apartment.

"Shhh, don't tell Michael. But I'm pretty my angel doesn't love me anymore." Luke slurred.

"Shut up, Luke."

"M' kay." 

He giggled, then became silent. Michael felt weight on his shoulder, turned his head to see Luke had fallen asleep on his shoulder. Michael sighed effortlessly. 

Ashton stopped in front of their apartment. Michael got out of the car, walking to Luke's side of the car, and picked Luke up in his arms, Luke's head resting on Michael's shoulder sleepily. He stirred in his sleep, but nothing else. Michael struggled a bit the whole way to their apartment door with Luke. Finally they got there, Ashton opened the door Michael going in after him, rushing to set down Luke on their bed. He set Luke down, putting the blankets on top of him. 

He walked out of the bedroom, shutting the door behind him. 

"Hey, uh where'd Calum go?"

"To go get Luke's car I guess." Ashton shrugged.

Michael nodded, a undeniable awkward air around them. It felt weird and creepy. They were almost like strangers. Michael felt uncomfortable, shifting on the couch a lot while they watched tv. 

"God, this is going to be the death of me."

"Hm?"

"I'm Ashton. How 'bout I order some pizza, and we talk. We don't really know each other very well, it's weird and extremely awkward. I'm Ashton Irwin."

"Okay. Michael Clifford."

Ashton grinned, dimples showing on his face. 

-

Calum came in the door, to see Ashton laughing with Michael at the table, with a pizza box in between them. Calum ran up, grabbing a piece from Ashton's plate, sitting on his lap. Ashton pouted at his adorable boyfriend. 

"Hey, Cal." Ashton breathed.

"Hi Ash. How's Luke? I just got his car back, thankfully. "

"He's asleep. He fell asleep, and I don't think he wo-"

Calum grinned happily, at something.

"Oh, I'm quite sure he's fine. Like completely positive."

"Why do you say that?" 

Luke placed his hands on Michael's head.

"Hmm I don't know, Angel...."

Michael turned around, a huge smile covered his face, as he got up hugging Luke tightly. Luke chuckled brushing away his shock, and hugged Michael back just as tightly. Eventually, they released each other, and Luke turned to Calum and Ashton.

"So what are you guys doing here?"

So they explained quickly, Luke somehow understanding, asking things and talking about other things with them, while Michael wandered around again. 

a/n ay I actaullly wrote a chapter in a few hours and it has like 1000+ words yay but you might get another chapter later today or tomorrow but it's casually getting worse. Y'all might hate me bye bye im just happy lmao