Chapter 19

above is the new book cover yay haha ok ill stop just enjoy this chapter i guess :)) vote comment and do whatever else lol you can ignore me too that's fine ok bye -kailey

Luke found Michael crying when he got home. Any alcohol he had consumed, might as well have vanished. Luke knew he couldn't comfort him, and that's what hurt the most. He stumbled into his room, listening to Michael's loud sobs, which sounded painful. Luke's heart felt like it'd been pulled out of his chest, a bad feeling in his stomach. 

Luke stripped down to his underwear, and got into the empty bed. It wasn't warm at all, like it was. It felt cold and uncomfortable to him. Silent tears fall down Luke's face involuntarily. He hadn't slept properly in days, let alone cry at all. Now anger was washed away, replaced with pain and heartbreak. He laid in bed at 3 am crying silently. He felt an intense pain in his chest. He wanted to terribly call out a name, but he was forbidden to say the name ever again. For after all, it is his fault Michael is crying. 

Luke held in a breath to stop from making any noises. No one needs to know he cried. Luke just cried and cried and cried until he had no more water to form tears in his eyes. He felt barely anything after that. 

The moon went down and the sun started to rise, birds sung despite the pain Luke and Michael felt. Michael got up from his spot to get his morning coffee to feel something other than exhaustion and his aching soul. His lips were dry and he felt more numb than luke did. The only warmth, was the coffee he held in his hands while he sat at the table. 

Half way through the coffee, Luke emerged from his bedroom closing it quietly, flinching at the smallest sound. Michael didn't even look up at him, as his thoughts were elsewhere. Luke tried not to acknowledge Michael sitting there drinking coffee. He  decided to get himself some coffee too. The coffee brought him a small amount of warmth, but still warmth. Luke sighed lightly. 

Michael glanced at Luke, then back at the coffee in his hands. He took another sip of the coffee that was slowly losing warmth. Michael pouted at the thought that it'd get cold soon.  Luke watched the whole time, using all he had to resist kissing Michael until he stopped pouting and smiled instead. But Luke knows he can't.

Instead, Luke drank his coffee silently. Cup collided with the table every few minutes, cars roared with noises, birds were faintly heard too. Everything was oblivious to the things in this apartment. Luke perked up when his thoughts went to the apartment. He gulped down the last of his coffee, recklessly putting on the table. Michael flinched, his eyes flickering to the frantic boy that had raced to the room, coming out of the room with tight pants and a plain white shirt. Luke flashed a quick smile in Michael's direction, before heading out the door.

Right before he got to the elevator, he found himself running back swearing under his breath. He emerged through the door, stopping to mumble to Michael that he forgot his wallet, to find no response. Luke ignored it as he found his wallet on his bed. He rushed back out the door as quick as possible. 

He was out to pay bills. It was almost late. Michael was left confused, yet shows very little emotion on his face. But Luke knew why already. Luke was deathly scared to leave Michael alone now that he thought about it, but he had to. Luke tried to let Michael slip out of his thoughts, but nothing worked. Luke waited patiently paying for bills, answering questions as asked. 

By the evening, Luke was done and exhausted. He dragged himself to his car, forced himself home, forced him to walk to the elevator, to get in the elevator, to push the button, to get out, to open the door, and collapse on his bed. 

Luke fell asleep instantly, not even knowing something was wrong.