Chapter 4

Luke sighed, propping his elbows on his knees, and laying his head in his hands. He was perfectly happy watching the beautiful boy sleep peacefully. Luke couldn't help it.

Even at nine in the morning, Luke's friends had no care of if he was awake. His phone buzzed to life, caller ID showed it was calum.

Luke braced himself for an argument or yelling match about something unnecessary.

"Hello?"

"Luke! Hey! You never told us about your partner, or if you even have one."

"Oh sorry its been pretty... shit." Luke shuffled around the room to leave and go into the kitchen.

"What? Luke?"

"M'sorry he was sleeping."

"Who? Oh my god... Luke you have to tell m-" calum was cut off by screaming and more yelling on the other end.

"Calum?"

"Yeah sorry. Ash just tackled me..."

"Anyways..."

"We should meet your partner today!" Calum suggested cheerfully.

"I.. uh I don't know guys... I can ask him. "

But they'd already hung up.

"Ask me what?"

Luke sighed trying not to look at Michael. He took a deep breath.

"My friends want to meet you."

"Oh. That's fine. When?"

"Today. They probably are hurrying over right now..."

Luke talked quietly trying to hide his own fear. Luke got up from the table to go into their bed room, dragging his feet, not careful to hide anything.

Michael followed behind him, closing the door. He watched as Luke fell on the bed numbly.

Michael sat next to him, feeling guilty.

"L-lukey? What's wrong?"

Luke gulped. He knew by now, Michael felt guilty. He could feel it in his voice.

"I... I'm just scared is all."

"Oh? Why? Luke please."

It broke Luke's heart to hear Michael like this. He turned over to face Michael.

"I-i don't know. I'm scared some will h-happen to you. T-that they'll hate you. Or you dislike them. I'm just s c a r e d."

"Oh, lukey... please don't worry. Nothing will happen, I promise."

Michael cuddled into Luke, as Luke cried soothing him a bit. After a while Michael slowly moved away.

"Why can't we just cuddle all day?"

Because I need to meet your friends silly."

Luke groaned but got up.

-

Luke waited impatiently for his friends to arrive, sipping down his fourth coffee. Michael was still on his first tea.

Michael put a hand over Luke's under the table, trying to calm him.

"Luke, chill out. It's going to be fine."

Luke nodded the best he could. A blue car pulled into the drive way, increasing Luke's anxiety. He started panicking, and looking around, the world feeling dizzy to him.

Calum opened the door, and stopped bickering mid sentence with Ashton when he saw him.

Calum's mouth hung open in shock. Ashton looked curiously at Calum and jealously at Michael.

"Michael?"

Luke watched with Ashton from afar. They exchanged a look of do you know what the hell is happening?

Neither knew anything, leaving themselves momentarily in the dust.

"Oh.. calum?"

Calum smiled.

"It's been a long time, bro!" Calum exclaimed.

Michael laughed, hugging calum like a best friend should. Luke and Ashton watched in amazement.

They walked over after the moment.

Ashton started talking, ruining a moment.

"Now is someone going to tell me what the hell is going on here?"

-

"Okay so let me get this right... you guys were beat friends until they started pairing you up. So why didn't you stay in touch?" Ashton asked kindly.

"It wasn't allowed. Not sure why though..." Michael answered.

Calum shrugged in agreement.

Luke yawned, starting to drift to sleep. It was almost 11 pm and it had been tiring.

Michael noticed and looked fondly at Luke.

"This was nice, but you guys should go. We need some sleep."

Calum nodded, and grabbed Ashton's hand dragging him along out of the house. The other boy seemed not even bothered one bit.

Michael shook Luke awake.

"Come on Luke. Let's get you to bed now."

Luke groaned, moving soundlessly, tipsy. Michael settled his balance a bit, half carrying him to their room.

Once they'd both settled on the bed, Michael decided not to disturb Luke sleep, sticking to his side of the bed or white sheets and warm sensation of blankets.

Luke whined and groaned.

"M-mike-mikey?"

"Hmm?"

Luke relaxed.

"I- I can't sleep without you..."

"Oh!" Michael blushed, and turned over hoping Luke couldn't see him blushed.

Luke giggled sleepily.

"You're so cute, Mikey."

"Shut up Luke."

Luke just put his arms around Michael and fell asleep to feeling the smaller boy safe his arms. Michael snuggled into Luke's chest comfortably, closing his sleepy eyes. He allowed himself to fall asleep to the sound if shallow breaths and Luke's heart beat slowing in safety.

Michael felt an extreme happiness.