Chapter 3

3 am. Michael's eyes flew open, he had awoken. He sat up painfully, spitting and coughing crazily. Breathing, it became harder each minute. It was too late now. A noise like a crash and a thump came from downstairs. Michael would've rolled his eyes, but he was troubled with this sudden feeling.

Luke dragged himself in a slow crawl to his room, to Michael. He hoped Michael was fine- Luke heard wheezing and coughs now. None of his own. Michael. Michael was not okay. Luke willed himself to be stronger than this. If only he hadn't been so careless.... But now was not the time for dwelling on this.

Luke made it to his room, finding Michael falling back on the bed to lay down. Luke started to collapse, not able to find strength to move anywhere. He was still conscious, but barely.

Luke formed words, the only words he could ever speak now.

"Michael..."

Michael turned his head as fast as he could. He opened his mouth, but closed it. He hurdled his small body to the floor, and slowly crawled until he was in front of luke.

He sat on his knees, grabbing Luke's hands first, making sure this wasn't real. He hoped it would just go away. But it wouldn't. After he made sure, he let go. He put Luke's head in his lap, looking into Luke's guilty blue eyes piercing into him. Michael intertwined his fingers in Luke's tangled hair.

"Mi-michael. I-I don't de-deserve... Y-you." Luke barely whispered out.

Michael couldn't bare it anymore. He barely noticed the tears running his own face.

"I love you, Luke. Goddamn it, I love you."

Luke's eyes widened, clearly surprised.

Michael shook his head, and did what he should've done before.

Michael leaned down, and kissed Luke. Luke gasped, but didn't reject it.

Michael was able to relax slightly more. It wasn't as painful now for either of them.

Michael stumbled off the floor, the world was spinning. Finally, it came back into focus, clear. He held out his hands for Luke.

Luke opened his eyes. He looked at Michael uncertainly, and hesitant. He looked between Michael's hands and eyes.

"Well, are you going to get up?"

"Huh? Oh." Luke mumbled.

Luke grabbed Michael's small warm hands, carefully pulling himself on the ground. He stumbled a bit, startling Michael, was quickly grabbed Luke's hands again to help him.

"Are you alright, Luke?"

"I-i don't know."

Michael nodded. He realized he still held Luke's hands, and dropped his hands to his sides.

"You're lucky you didn't die. Or that you'd have to be stuck in that building again."

Luke gaped at Michael's words.

"W-what? Wait why are we still ?"

"I'm close to being 18."

Luke nodded, but wondered. Instead of asking, he kept quiet.

"Why don't we get some sleep for now. We can talk more in the morning, Michael."

"Okay."

-

It smelled like bacon and pancakes, when Michael woke up. Luke's spot was empty.

Michael sat up, sighed happily, and threw the blankets off. He swung his feet to the edge of the bed, landing to the floor with a small thump, and too much stumbling.

He wandered his way to the kitchen. Luke was just finishing up putting food on the white plates.

Luke looked up, seeing Michael standing in the doorway, staring at him.

Michael saw that Luke noticed, his cheeks tinting a deep red color. Luke laughed lively at Michael's blushing habit.

"W-what??"
"Oh sorry, Michael. It-i. You're just really cute when you blush."

That only made Michael blush harder than before. If that was possible.

"Well, uh... I... uh... I... thanks?"

Luke smiled.

"Well come on! Let's have breakfast already, I'm starving."

-

"Hey, Michael?"

"Wha- yeah?"

"I wanted to apologize. I must've been the worst person ever. I'm sorry. I don't deserve you. Damn it. I've probably ruined everything. You can't love me, can you? I've fallen in love with you Michael."

Michael stared straight into Luke's sad, guilty, blue eyes.

"Luke, that's not true. I do love you. It hurts, but I do. Let's start over."

"Uh don't people usually say I love you for the first time while their in a relationship?"

"Well yeah. But what is usual and normal in this world?"

The boys laughed together, a new beginning was starting.

A/n that escalated quickly. Okay, this chapter was fast paced, sorry about that. Now it's going to be very slow or maybe... You'll see ;)