Chapter 18

Luke forced water down his dry throat. His hair was in a messy tangled state. He hadn't showered in three days, hadn't left the room-except to go to the bathroom of course. The bags under his eyes showed that sleep barely came. He only slept when he passed out overwhelmingly. That had only happened when he went to check on Michael. That day, he'd found Michael unconscious on balcony, dried tears on his face, Luke had picked him up, and brought him inside on the couch. He'd noticed barely any movement from Michael either in the other room.

Luke groaned again, exhausted to the breaking point. He'd been trying not to break barriers and promises, but he could almost not hold back.

Luke looked to make sure Michael was not in sight, before heading to the kitchen. He stopped dead mid step. Michael stood in a shirt and boxers, pouring coffee into a coffee mug. Luke felt his heart stop, and admire before he remembered, what happened. Luke made an effort to grunt but it sounded like a choke instead. Michael flinched at the slight sound, turning around to find Luke staring at him. Michael couldn't help but blush, then huff at himself for doing that. Michael said nothing, turning back to the coffee. He clutched the handle on the coffee cup, slowly and carefully moving it from the counter, to the table without spilling it. The liquid swayed inside the cup, daring to spill and escape.

Luke sighed, mumbling to himself. He held a blank face across his features, getting up and leaving the room. He retreated to his room, to get some clothes and take a shower.

Michael waited for him to be gone, before breathing again freely. It felt so much harder to breath with Luke staring into his soul. Michael sighed, breathing slow, shaky breaths. He closed his eyes calming him, hearing the shower running, soothed him. Then, he was reminded of that night. How he still now, couldn't get the feeling off of him. He felt shivers down his spine, just thinking of it.

Michael sipped the coffee slowly. He held it in his hands, walking to the couch to relax. He sat down, looking out the window, down to the buzzing city. A small smile on his face as he watched the city busied itself with traffic and lights. Michael felt content for a while, drinking warm coffee and watching the day outside his window.

Luke emerged from the bathroom, feeling refreshed. His head felt clearer than before. He walked past Michael without a thought. Then, he was in his room and it crashed down. His heart started to beat faster, his heart ached all over again, he could barely breath now. He needed to forget. Forget everything.

Luke found paper and a pen, scribbling a note to Michael.

-

Michael sighed, closing his eyes again. He got up from the couch, going to put the cup in the sink. He turned from the sink, to see a piece of paper sitting on the table. Michael curiously went to look at it. It addressed Michael, from Luke telling him he went out.

Michael sighed, retreating back to the couch. He sat there in a depressing silence. No noise, just sadness. Tears threatened to spill out of Michael's eyes in a instant. He let them. He broke down, sobbing violently while his body shook. He couldn't stop it, he let his guard down. He whimpered and cried out to the empty apartment.

'Luke doesn't care anymore' Michael thought. Michael cried harder, burying his head in his hands. Michael shouldn't of let his guard down. It obviously got himself hurt. Michael continued to cry, his heart breaking as he did.

Luke sat at a bar, sipping the alcohol in front of him. He had a strong grip on the glass. Luke was drunk.

Finishing the glass, Luke got up walking unbalanced. He smiled. He'd gotten outside fine, but before he knew, he was throwing a punch. The older guy was surprised, laughing at him. Luke punched him again, making the guy stumble backwards. He gave Luke a serious look; he isn't looking to fight.

Luke rolled his eyes, walking past him to find a taxi.

A/n hey guys this is slightly slow haha sorry I was stuck for awhile but my 5sos concert is so soon I'm hlhijv why wow idk how to feel rip me

Also this has like 100 reads wow cool great yay ok bye I have nothing to say ok

Vote and comment if ya want ((: