California

Valeria POV

I had just gotten a phone call from my agent about an opportunity to be in a music video. The artist for the music video is a popular Latin artist. I have never been more excited than right now. I always danced and attempted to sing along with reggaeton music in my showers and let me tell you it's horrific. Technically I have not been chosen to be in the video yet, but I feel like I have a chance at getting the role as the main girl. I have worked as a video girl for about two years now and I've mostly been in the background of music videos. The people that cast the video girls have told me that I am not curvy enough, tall enough, full enough in the chest and bum area to be the main girl. Now being told that my body is not shit; really lowered my self-esteem and I took a break from videos for a bit.

Being a video girl was not exactly my dream job, I am more passionate about writing poetry and songs for myself and sometimes others. Music is an outlet for me, it's a place where I can truly express myself. I hide behind the music because I do not want to face reality, the reality for me is going back to my cramped apartment with barely any food in my fridge and no cable or internet. I have been struggling ever since I moved out here to California to make something of myself. On average video girls make only 300 to 600 dollars for one video, for me, most of that money goes towards rent.

"Valeria the audition place is in Los Angeles, California at 2. Please try to get there earlier, so you can prepare yourself, also it will show them that you are punctual."

"Thank you so much for finding me this opportunity, you always work so hard to find me jobs. I cannot thank you enough Bianca."

Bianca is like an older sister to me and she has always been there for me whenever I needed her. I feel bad that I am unable to pay her for her services as my agent. Anytime I offer to pay her she refuses and tells me to save it.

"No need to thank me, honey, you will be thanking me by going to that audition, so get moving."

~

I pulled up to the address Bianca had given me and all I had seen were a lot of girls with big breast and bums walking into the building. I wish I would have worn my push up bra today.

"Good afternoon ladies, you ladies are all here for a chance to be in J Balvin's video. Well first off we are not just looking for a pretty face, we are looking for a girl with good body language and fluent body movements. So, if you do not feel that you fit the requirements, you can leave now."

After the caster said that surprisingly only one girl got up and left. I guess she did not get the memo that a video girl not only has to look the part she also has to be able to do a little dancing as well.

"Can we have the first row of girls up first." I just so happened to be in the second row allowing me to see and learn from other's mistakes. The moves the instructor was showing the group looked fairly simple. There was a lot of hip action going on.

"Second row up next!" It was now my turn to dance. The moves to me just felt so effortless and natural, I was so confident dancing among the other girls.

After all the groups went there was a call back for the role. So far they have only called 10 names out of the possible 15. My name still has not been called yet.

"Jennica, Sofia, Ashley, Lisa and Valeria. If your name was not called, I am sorry but you did not make it." I was so happy that I heard my name called.

I still have one more chance to show them why I should be the lead girl. For this final dance, they have allowed us to freestyle along to the song they had chosen. The song happened to be a J Balvin song of course. For my freestyle, I chose to throw in some belly dancing, whining, twerking..etc

"Alright, thank you all for coming and auditioning, but as you ladies all know; only one person can have the lead role. After a few minutes of discussing with my colleagues, we have decided to chose Valeria Armstrong for the role."

I heard some scuffs and a few congratulations. "Thank you guys, wow I cannot wait to start working with you guys."

~

Machine Gun Kelly POV

General Admission was released back in October last year. I have been hinting to my fans that a music video for a song off the album will be in the works.

"Kells we need to put out auditions in California for your video. The sooner we do it the better."

"Well Ashley, since you are my manager you know what you are doing and what is best, so you are right we do need to start putting out notices for the audition." Ashley walked away from me and went towards her laptop, where I assume she is going to focus on the music video auditions.

This year has been eventful, so far doors have been opening for me and those doors gave me opportunities I did not have last year. In two weeks time, the boys and I will be flying out to California for the filming of All Night Long.

Anytime I have to travel, I always hate leaving my daughter behind. Casie means the world to me, I put her above everything. Shit, I have already missed out on a lot of milestones in her life, but I am busting my ass off so that she will have a good future. I do not want my daughter to ever have to struggle like I had to. I worry about Casie's future for many reasons because right now it is not safe out there in the streets, there is a lot of violence and bloodshed, not to mention that we have a presidential candidate that wants to divide Americans.

Now that I have some free time, I started scrolling through my twitter to see what is going on on my timeline. Right now was the perfect moment for me to retweet and reply to some fans and also to promote my show Roadies, "@machinegunkelly: Hey guys, my show Roadies premieres tonight on Showtime, so go check that shit out."

A/N: Hey guys! This is the official first page of The Industry, I hope you guys like it.