Chapter 8

Valeria

December 31st

This year really flew by me, it's new years eve of 2016 and I'm just over this year. I do not feel like I accomplished much until the very end of this year. The only eventful thing that happened for me is pursuing my songwriting. Right now I'm barely making anything but it's just the beginning of my journey. I know what struggling is like and I'm still in the struggle.

Bianca my old agent who I consider being like an older sister to me told me about this interesting New Years Eve Bash happening tonight. Lately, I've been going to a bunch of clubs and letting loose after all I am single so nothing is holding me back, and to this day I haven't gotten a reply back from him but it's all good if I ever see him in public things won't be awkward I hope. We both connected on a friendship level minus the sex we had.

I decided to wear a simple little black dress with nude heels. I'm balling on a budget so I have to work with what I got. It may not be the most glamorous outfit but no one will be paying attention to me anyway. I plan to leave 2016 with a bang and I probably might be one of those people that say,"New year, new me." My new years resolution is to get my songs out there to the public, I would love to hear a song of mine on the radio one day.

~ 

~ 

Bianca showed up to my apartment wearing a creamed colored dress with a long slit going up to her waist. She looks amazing, I know I'll look like the ugly duckling standing beside her but I'm fine with that. I'm actually surprised that she's single besides her looks she has an amazing personality.

"Bianca, girl you are dressed to kill. All eyes will be on you tonight."

She laughed,"Thank you, but look at you, you're wearing that black dress to the tee. In these past few months, your outfits have been improving, even though you always say you're trying to ball on a budget."

"That means a lot to me thank you. I think we should get going to the club."

Bianca nodded her head and proceeded to contact an uber. No more than five minutes later the uber pulled up outside my apartment complex. We both agreed on getting an uber since we'll both be drinking and neither of us wants to be the designated driver tonight of all nights.

 We both agreed on getting an uber since we'll both be drinking and neither of us wants to be the designated driver tonight of all nights