Bloom ?

People say that great things happen to great people. I find it to be a blessing to even get my art out to others and hear feedback about it. I've grown a lot as an artist and a person in general. Tonight's the release of Bloom and I couldn't be happier with the hard work I put into this album.  Critics said if Camilla Cabello wasn't featured on my album that it wouldn't even be talked about at all. I don't understand why these so called critics try to down play me every fu*king time, it's not like I didn't have a fan base before making a song with a popular pop artist but okay that's their opinion. No matter what I do the critics always talk sh*t about me regardless of what I'm doing. To be honest I don't even care what they say about me it no longer phases me, all that matters is that my fans love my work and my friends and family support and respect me.

Ashleigh my manager booked a small venue for the album release and it's the perfect intimate setting to allow some fans, reporters and industry people exclusive early access to hear the album before we release it at 12. I also will have a little q&a (questions and answer segment) partway through the sets. I've never been a nervous person but I just want everything to go good tonight.

I walked around the venue to make sure everything was set up right, lighting, sound, stage, projector screen, seats..etc. I was relieved to know that things were looking great.

~

Two o'clock hit and people started piling in around the stage and some lingered around the exit doors. I walked around talking to a few individuals before I took the stage.

"Good afternoon everyone, thanks for coming out to support me. It means a lot, so thanks once again."

I introduced the first song and followed through with the rest. The reporters couldn't wait to start asking questions,

"What is going to make this album standout compared to the hundreds of other albums out there?"

"Well first of all i'm not into comparing my work with others because people do so much different things, but onto your question, my album is going to stand out because I've always wanted to try something new and run with it."

"Some of the songs on the album seem to be romantic, is there someone special in your life?"

"Uh no I'm 100% single, I'm just focused on my career right now. The romantic element is for my female fans out there I thought that would be something interesting."

"How come there isn't a feature with Halsey?"

I laughed at that one, "Funny you asked that I was just talking to Halsey about collaborating on a song together, so maybe soon who knows."

I answered a few more questions before I wrapped up the release party. While I was on route to the Blvd I tweeted out a quick tweet: Bloom 🥀 12.05.17

~
Valeria

The Billboards are tonight and they're going to be live. I don't even know what to wear or how to style my hair or even apply my makeup good. This is a fashion emergency, I can't look like trash being around alist celebrities. I can't really afford to dress in designer brands so I'll just have to find something that looks the part but doesn't break the bank.

I know the best place to go shopping for my outfit. It's a cute little boutique called Kayla's Kouture. I got into my car and drove off to my destination. As I arrived I quickly got out the car and went on a search for the outfit. I scanned through racks for at least 10 minutes before something caught my eye. It was a lilac coloured dress that was risky but yet pretty. It wasn't too short just touching my knees, with minimal cleavage.

With only two hours left until the red carpet walkthroughs, I looked through Instagram looking at my feed and seeing what some celebrities are posting of getting ready. Everyone looked so amazing, they're wearing designers I can't afford, I hope I don't look stupid. Who am I kidding no one's attention will be on me tonight, I'll just be the plus one that sits off in the background. I need to pack my stuff up and drive over to Bianca' she's going to glamorize me for tonight.

~

"Hey Val are you ready to get all done up," Bianca asked me.

I walked over to her vanity and took a seat, "Of course but please keep it simple I still want to look like myself."

While Bianca was getting her eyeshadow palette, blush and highlighters, I grabbed my phone and took a selfie of my bare face before the makeup. I clicked on my Instagram and post the picture with a simple caption.

I don't have a massive following at all on Instagram, I'm shocked I even have 300 followers

I don't have a massive following at all on Instagram, I'm shocked I even have 300 followers. I barely know most of them other than being acquainted with past jobs with a select few of them. Bianca came back to the room with everything she needed in her hand. She pulled my hair back from my face and pinned it all back.

"So, how come you didn't invite Baze to be your plus one?"

She shook her head, "Well, I thought about you first because I wanted you to experience it and secondly it's not really his scene."

"I'm always so grateful that you chose to take me along for the experience. Oh, shoot I forgot to show you my dress, but hey you'll see it soon anyway."

"What kind of dress is it, oh and what's the colour of it," Bianca asked me excitedly.

"It's an asymmetrical dress with a little bit of cleavage and it's lilac."

"Sounds nice and it's something you're comfortable wearing for the night, so I'm happy that you're happy. How is your songwriting going?"

"It's going great so far I have this one song that I am in love with and I asked one of the artists that I'm working with if they wanted to contribute something extra to it. And she said yes and the song will be released on her EP in the coming months."

"Wow that's impressive, I'm so happy for you. I remember back when I first met you, you were this quiet girl that didn't know what she wanted out of life. You constantly worked at jobs that you weren't passionate about and I noticed. You never told me you wanted to be a songwriter, I always thought you wanted to become an actress or a professional dancer. Now look where you are, you're doing something you love and I couldn't be happier for you."

I almost teared up from that little speech that Bianca recited to me. It truly meant a lot and I couldn't be happier with the work I'm accomplishing. My life is a work in progress. I looked at the vanity mirror and saw my reflection, what I saw looking back at me wasn't the broken girl from the last few years. I finally saw a girl that was not stressed out, unhappy and struggling. I may still live in my low budget apartment but hopefully, by the end of the year, I'll look for a more comfy apartment.

Both Bianca' and I' hair and makeup are done and we got our outfits on. Bianca's wearing a short sleeve black jumpsuit with some cute nude pumps. As always she looks stunning in the simplest outfits. All we have to wait on now is for the uber driver.

A/N: Unedited. This is part one of a two part chapter. I decided to cut it off here and have the next part be all about the billboard awards and some drama 👀👀 so stay tuned. Thanks to those that continue to read this book even though I'm taking forever to write the chapters.
Oh and I almost forgot I don't want any readers to get confused there's Ashleigh who's the manager and then there's the other Ashley aka Halsey. Hopefully, there is no confusion. Whoops, I forgot to mention they're in Las Vegas. Part two is releasing today.