It only took 8 months

It's been a couple months since the G Eazy feud between Colson. All that media attention has died down enough for us to get back to normal. I'm glad that situation is behind us. Halsey got back in contact with me after people stopped talking about the breakfast club interview. She apologized for blocking me, she was just really upset with Colson. I sat down with her and let her know that I have no issue with her, I just don't care for her partner G Eazy who she got back with. It's none of my business what she decides to do with her life so I stay out of it.

It's been about 8 months since Colson and I were dating. Every once in a while we go down and visit my mom in Miami. This time around he planned our visit to go down to Miami. I thought nothing of it other than him taking his time to bond with my mother.

We arrived at my mom's apartment in the early afternoon hours. She surprisingly had a full course meal prepared for us. I didn't suspect anything being out of the ordinary.

Colson's POV

Today I wanted to propose to Valeria. I in advance talked to her mother and asked for her blessing to marry her daughter. At first, she was hesitant to say yes but whenever she sees Valeria she noticed that she's happy. Ximena told me all she ever wanted was for her daughter to be happy. I planned the trip to Miami a week ago because I was sure that right now is the right time. I know I'm in love with Valeria and it's been a while since I've truly cared about a woman I dated. I know she's family oriented so I thought it would be best to do it with her mom present. I think she might like that. I asked her mom not to act too out of the ordinary because Valeria would notice something's happening. I wasn't expecting for Ximena to go all out, she cooked a whole full course meal for us.

"The food smells amazing Ximena."

Ximena smiled, "Thank you, it tastes even better than it smells."

"So before we dig into this good food there's something I want to say to you, Valeria."

Valeria's POV

Colson walked closer towards me and slowly started lowering to the ground. What is he doing? No way this can't be.. how didn't I pick up on this.

"Valeria, it feels like I've known you a lifetime. Having you in my life has impacted it in a positive way. I know I'm not one of those cookie cutter gentlemen but I will treat you like the princess you are. So I have one question to ask you, Valeria Armstrong, will you marry me?"

He got down on one knee and pulled out the ring box and opened it. I stood there in shock and looked over to my mom who was covering her mouth. This is really happening holy sh*t

"Colson I can't believe you were planning this and I didn't pick up on this. I didn't think I was this naive."

"Mi hija answer him, don't leave him kneeling there."

I already know my answer.

I kneeled down and hugged him, "Yes! I will marry you Colson Baker."

Damn already negativity under a picture I just posted what's new