19

The next morning I woke up in good spirits despite last nights events. Yeah I'd eventually have to deal with Justin, but right now I couldn't be phased by it. The weather was nice outside and I plan on taking full advantage of my off day.

After a well needed shower I found myself in the kitchen making breakfast. My headphones were in my ears blaring my favorite playlist as I waltzed around the kitchen. My current obsession was ironically Zayn's new album. I attempted to hit all his notes while unintentionally cooking more than enough food for two people. Maybe I'll take some down to the nice lobby man.

I was so into the music that I hadn't even noticed my singing had woke Lauren. Her groggy figure standing at the island nearly made my heart jump out my chest. I yanked the cord to remove the earbuds as her warm laugh filled the kitchen. She had a hand placed on her stomach, doubling over. The sight instantly made my heart turn into mush.

"I missed you." I pouted like a child holding my arms out to her.

"Yeah whatever." She playfully rolled her eyes, embracing me nonetheless. "The next time you say something like that I'll throw my drink in your face like on love and hip hop."

"Only girls that can't fight do that."

"I know. That's why I'd do it."

We both began cackling like middle school students. It was only funny because she was telling the sad truth. I've lost count of the amount of time I had to beat up a girl for beating up Lauren. I told her she can't be out here stealing people's men without being able to defend herself but she gives zero fucks.

The sound of the door clicking made us go silent as it swung open to reveal Zayn. His face wore a puzzled expression at our arms around one another and we were just as confused at his sudden appearance.

"You two friends again?" He smiled so big that nearly all of his teeth were showing.

"You have a key?" I countered. Him and Lauren were practically married at this point. It makes me want to throw up.

Yes, that's my jealousy speaking.

He kicked off his shiny black boots and let his leather jacket fall to the ground right on top of them. "I'm here more than you are. This is basically my second home."

"I see that." My eyebrows furrowed at how comfortable he was to just throw his clothes around. Now that I think about it, I did see a few things in the kitchen that me and Lauren would never buy. Have I really been that busy to not have noticed?

Lauren excitedly squealed like a child as he wrapped his arms around her waist, peppering kisses on her neck. I rolled my eyes so hard at them that it felt like they were going to fall out the sockets.

I've never been so bitter in my entire life. It's crazy how the tables have flipped. I'm usually the one that's in the stable relationship while Lauren is having men problems. I was so bothered by this that I hadn't noticed that I drowned my pancake in syrup, too busy judging their happiness.

Once he was done being extra, Zayn grabbed a plate from the cupboard before looking over the food I had just cooked. "Why didn't you make the turkey bacon?" He asked while piling his plate with everything other than the sausage and bacon.

"My apologies King Zayn. I wasn't expecting you but I'll be sure to make you a special plate next time." I sarcastically bit back, stabbing at the soggy pancake sitting in front of me.

"I mean you did take my car last night. I just came pick it up but it would be rude to let this good food go to waste?" Z taunted as he sat next to me. He reached for the syrup but I pettily pushed it out of his reach.