3

Normani's POV

Lauren and I had finally found something to wear after a countless number of stores. We also had multiple debates on what kind of style we should be pulling off tonight, seeing as though neither of us have attended an event like this.

It was now going on 6:30 as we made our way through the door with a bunch of shopping bags and takeout for a quick dinner. The party doesn't start for another 3 hours so that should be plenty of time for us to get dressed.

The only thing I'm worried about right now is devouring this well-earned Chinese food. I've been walking around all day my feet are killing me and my stomach has been growling for quite a while now.

I carelessly toss my bags on the couch before sitting at the dining table. I hungrily grab the plastic fork and waste no time in stabbing into the warm orange chicken. A mix between a moan and a growl leaves my mouth as I bite into it.

"Seriously, Normani? It's not that serious." Lauren laughs as she sits down across from me. I dramatically nod my head, continuing to devour my food.

We eat in a comfortable silence, both of us scrolling through our phones and occasionally discussing something we see. Times like these remind me of when we used to lounge around my dorm, that is when Lauren wasn't hanging out with some fuckboy.

After I took my last bite, I gathered up the trash. "Time to start getting ready!" I happily beamed.

~

"You're going to poke me in the eye with the tweezers, Normani!" Lauren shrieks. I hold my free hand behind her head to keep it in place.

"Stay still or I'll mess up your eye makeup!" I yell back as I make sure the fake eyelash is applied perfectly.

Lauren usually does her own makeup but it's just the same bland black eyeshadow, heavy mascara, sexy goth look. Not that it's ugly or anything but I wanted to play around with it a bit. Instead of doing all black, I started off with a nude and faded it out into a deep brown to make her eyes look bigger. 

Taking a step back, I examine my work proudly. "Okay, you're all set."

She stands off my bed and looks at herself in my full length mirror. Her entire look was flawless. She had picked out a black mini dress that looked like a suit jacket. It had cut outs and a plunging neckline so you were able to see her black bralette that had lace overlay.

We always choose to wear outfits that coordinate so I had on all black as well. Instead of a dress, I bought a pencil skirt that looks like it's laced up on my legs to wear with a leather bustier. My hair was in a neat high ponytail and a pair of diamond earrings rested in my ear lobes.

The whole goal was to pull off a edgy but sexy look and I think we nailed it perfectly. It was like the perfect mix of both of us now that I think about it.

I cautiously watched her, waiting for her opinion. Lord knows if she isn't feeling one small detail then we would have to start from scratch.

Lauren pursed her lips as she examined the image in front of her. She twisted her body to get a better look at all the angles she possibly could. "I surprisingly like this look it makes my legs look hot." A smile took over her face as she turned to look at me.

"Thank God," I let out a sigh of relief. "I thought you were going to throw a fucking hissy fit."

She smacked her lips at me as she rolled her eyes. "I'm not that bad, Normani. Stop being so dramatic all the time. If anyone is extra it's definitely you."

"Yeah okay, Lauren. You're the one that almost cried when I wouldn't switch spots with you so the camera could get your good side." I scoffed, putting my things in my black clutch.