Set out on a new journey

"What do you mean, you knew my brother? He died a few years ago!" I told the genie.

"Did you see his body, Mor?" Aladdin said smirking. "This is why humans are fools,"

"They're so arrogant in life, yet seek no help. And some even miss their true destiny in life." He explained.

"..My brother.. is alive?" I slowly processed the possibility. "Your not joking.. right?" I asked afraid it was a cruel prank. I had just seen him kill somebody.

"Why would I pull a joke like that? I wouldn't be mean to Mor~" That pulled me back to my senses.

"Why do you care about me so much?" I asked curious to see why he made me come into the tower.

"Its a long story," Aladdin shook his head. "And it seems like we don't have time for it." His smile faded.

"What do you mean-" I started. The ground vibrated and cracks appeared around the walls. "An earthquake?!" I asked with surprise.

"Mor, we aren't even on earth right now, we are inside a magical dungeon, existing only in a space of magic," He explained.

"Its to bad, a earthquake would have been much easier to deal with.." He clung to my arm and started pulling me up towards the golden pyramid of stairs.

"Woah!" I yelped as a piece of the ceiling fell, almost crushing us. Its a good thing I had good reflex, and him good speed.

"What's going on?" I turned around, taking a final look at poor Cassim. His face frozen in a terrified trance.

"It seems a magi is trying to destroy the dungeon from the outside. We need to get out of here."

I stopped in horror. "That's impossible! It took me a day to get through that labyrinth, what do we have now, minutes? Seconds?"

"Don't worry," Said Aladdin. "I can get us out in less than that. It is my dungeon after all,"

He hopped up the stairs, releasing my hand. "Come here!" He reached the top and formed a sign with his hands.

"Release," He said in Arabian. His hands began to glow and a symbol appeared on his forehead.

I watched in amazement as a golden tower of light shone around him. He held his hand out and I took it.

"Are you sure you don't want any of the treasure?" He asked as I walked up to join him in the gleaming tower.

"No.. its fine. I didn't come in here for that reason anyways." I thought I might want to take some, for medicine or food, but I knew I wouldn't have time now.

I was going to leave the palace, and my maid job. I knew if my brother was alive, I had to find him.

But why would he have left? And did he fake the sickness...? No, that's wrong. He was most certainly sick. But then.. how?

"I know your feeling lost," The genie interrupted my thoughts. "But I'll be with you now, so you don't need to worry!"

I felt a little relived by his words. Maybe I wouldn't be alone forever after all.

The gold light started lifting us off the ground just as the rest of the room crumbled to oblivion. The ancient paintings and treasure, would be lost forever.

Yet I felt little sadness for it, because it had been like no one had ever seen it besides us anyway.

As we levitated in the light, going up, I felt my eyes become heavy, so I decided that I could spare a few moments of rest.

I had just conquered a dungeon, after all.

"Sleep well," I heard Aladdin say as we drifted back into the human world.