TWENTY-SIX

TWENTY-SIX - BETRAYED

+

I wasn't crying, I was just pissed

She was feeding me little white lies  to cover up the real truth..

No wonder she acted so strange when I asked her about my dad..

She wasn't even going to marry him and she has the audacity to bring me to this wedding to see the whole truth..

How could she not tell me that she was getting married to another guy?

I would've totally understood if it wasn't my dad after what he has done but why hide something so big like this. It's unacceptable..

That stranger that is marrying my Mom is going to be, my step dad.

My blood started to boil.

"Gabby!" Justin yelled in the distance. I'm sitting on the curb, picking up rocks and throwing them. I needed time to think.

"Stand up you'll get your dress dirty." He advised.

"I don't care." I said.. I could careless if my dress is getting dirty.

"Gabby, why did you leave?" He asks. He doesn't know the full truth.

"My mom is marrying a man that I don't know ! I thought it was my dad but she lied! She has been lying to me the whole time!" I yelled out of anger.

I feel betrayed why couldn't she tell me the truth?

"I'm sorry you have to go through that." He said frowning, he sits next to me. He puts his arms around my shoulder pulling me closer so he can comfort me.  Atleast Justin understands.

"Gabby!" My mom yelled. I turn around seeing her running to us. I roll my eyes.. I didn't want to see her.

My mother eyes watery as she holds the bottom of her dress so it didn't get dirty..

I stood up, facing her. I needed the truth.

Justin stands up also. He grabs my hand.

He looks at me with a apologetic expression. He hopes I don't say anything I will regret to my mother.

I exhale deeply then I asked. "Why did you lie to me? Your own daughter?"

"If I told you the truth you would've been even angrier, Gabrielle. I know how much you love your father and how the divorce hurt you. I just didn't want to bring more pressure onto you. I'm sorry I lied and made you face the truth like this. The truth is, your father had been setting down with Ms. Morgan in America while I was living with my fiancé also in America. He makes me feel special. He treats me way better than your father did. Please let's just discuss this, I want to make this work.. I don't want to lose you Gabby." She begs, her eyes pleading for forgiveness.

I didn't know what to say. If this man makes my mother feel happy then I should atleast try to see how this could work.. My father did treat my Mother like trash, like she was nothing.

My father has been making his own family without telling me either..

I sigh, but nod.

****

The wedding is over.

The clean up staff was picking up trash and debris from the event.

it was just Alex, the man my mom married, Lindsey, Justin, Milo, My Dad, Ms.Morgan, My Mom, and I.

Brody was long gone. Atleast me and him made amends.

I had to inform Alex about it during the wedding because she was busy face-fu.cking boyfriend, I mean who wouldn't. I would face-F.uck Justin anywhere anytime.

Some of us sat down in the table. It was a awkward silence as everyone looked at each other'. They want to resolve this issue. I want to hear what they wanted to say.

Lindsey was just playing around with Milo and Justin. They were adorable.

Justin gave me and my family space he didn't want to interfere nor did he want Lindsey to be confused at this meeting so he kept her busy..

Alex sat next to me as I waited for someone to speak.

"Alright Gabrielle I'll go first. I'm pregnant with Your dads son." Ms Morgan said pointing at my Dad. I eyed her belly. Her pregnancy bump prominent. "He's your father and I would never want to take away y'all relationship. I understand we should've informed you but there was no way of contacting you. We apologize deeply but." She takes a deep exhale then her lips part to say "You will soon have a half-brother and also Lindsey will too. Your father is with me." She informs me.

"I lied about getting married to your Father because I knew you would get mad that I moved on from your Dad. I didn't mean to intentionally hurt you yet I did and I'm sorry. I'm just so Happy with Brent and I hope you guys can become friends soon, it will take time I understand. You don't need to call him anything your not comfortable with yet Gabby." My mom said to me. Brent his name the guy she married , Brent looked at me.

I stared at him. He has brown hair with gray specks, light blue eyes and a fully grown beard.

"Gabrielle your mother talks a lot about you, and I apologize we didn't tell you about me. But i do love your Mother it will take time for you to trust me I understand but I will try with all my might to be your friend and cherish your mothers love." Brent said.

"Gabby I know we all hurt you and I'm sorry. But I named your brother after you, well, partially. His name is Gabriel Syd Morgan. I don't like giving my children my last name that's why he has Ms.Morgan last name. We are all sorry." My dad said..

A slight smile formed on my lips, my father is naming his kid after me..

"I do accept you guys apologies but you all are not fully forgiven yet. You guys kept big secrets from me and it will time to accept that and fully forgive you guys. But for now, just know, I do somewhat forgive you.."

They hid big secrets from me and words will not fully repair the damage that has been done. . Only time will tell. .

---------

ATTENTION: **IF YOU SEE ANY ERRORS, such as INCORRECT GRAMMAR.. etc

PLEASE INLINE THE SENTENCE, SO I CAN CORRECT IT. I won't be offended! :)**

I want you and my future readers to be able to read my book smoothly..

Thank you.**

- Chancelle

- Chancelle