Chapter 18

• Dedicated to To all of you for being so patient and still reading!!

Tyler’s POV

You wouldn’t believe the relief I felt when I saw Riley’s eyes light up like a happy puppy at the sight in front of us. The lights were flashing brightly in the sky and the loud music filled the air as the fairground stretched out in front of us.

I had just closed my door when someone ran into me, knocking me to the ground and crushed me in a death grip.

Josh and Sarah laughed as they walked by me holding hands as they walked away.

“Riley!” I yelled at her in frustration- I didn’t even do anything!

Then I saw the bright smile on her face as she looked up at me.

“This is so awesome! I love you.” She squealed at me grinning like an idiot.

I laughed nervously at her stamen and pulled her up with me. We walked towards the entrance with her arms wrapped round my waist and my arm round her.

Riley looked just like a kid in a candy shop, it was really weird.

“So where too first?” I asked her.

“Roller coater!” was her enthusiastic answer.

I laughed relaxing a bit as I guided her to one of the bigger roller coasters.

Riley’s POV

It wasn’t a very long line for the roller coater so we got to go on pretty quickly. I grinned as the metal bar locked us in and we began to move up the slop. I know Tyler was watching me but I didn’t care, I’ve never actually been to the fair, ever! I looked down as we approached the top and saw how high up we were.

“Riley?” Tyler spoke up.

I turned back smiling.

“Yep?”

“Don’t puke on me okay?” he smirked.

“Same to you buddy.” I rolled my eyes.

We dived down the very steep slope and round a sharp corner on our side; I held my breath as I fought back the urge to scream. I glanced at Tyler who was holding onto the metal bar so tight his knuckles were white but he had a huge smile on his face. I guess he’s use to travelling fast though; he can probably run faster than the rollercoaster.

We went over a huge bump and plummeted back down, the icy wind whipping my face, causing my eyes to water.

I half laughed half screamed as we sped round another sharp corner and up a spiral. Just before we plummeted down again I grabbed Tyler’s hand tightly.

Tyler’s POV

We pulled back into the boarding point and the metal bar lifted off us. Riley was still gripping my hand tightly so I pulled her up with me as we left.

“That was awesome! Can we go again?” She grinned up at me.

“Sure, we can go again before we leave. How about we find a few other rides to go on before we grab some food?”

“Okay.” Riley skipped happily by my side as I grinned.

And I though this wasn’t going to be good date? We’re at the fair!

3rd Person

As the air turned icy and the sky clouded over with even more dark clouds a hooded figure stayed silent. Watching for the perfect opportunity to strike, using all the weapons at their disposal to kill the leach and if need be the dog. Of course it wasn’t really the wolf they had a problem with it was the parasite walking beside her.