Chapter 15 - Never good at goodbyes

"I need to talk to you about something, babydoll. Come sit down." Brendon says, as I sit next to him at the dinner table.
After school Brendon and I had picked up Chinese take out to bring home for dinner, and now here we are.

"What?" I ask, grabbing my chopsticks and already going at the beef tips and shrimp fried rice. Brendon then giggles at me stuffing my face. "Well?..." I ask, laughing with my face stuffed. Brendon then bites his lip. "Since we're moving to New York, for my job after you graduate..." Brendon then sighs while running a hand through his hair. "I have to go out there and find a house for us this week."

My face then drops, and I set down my chop sticks. "But.. But you have to be here for my graduation." I say, as heart break starts to well up in my stomach. "No, no, baby." Brendon says as he pulls me into him. "I'll be here in time for that, I promise. I can't miss it."

"You promise?" I ask. I feel sort of childish at how I'm acting, but it's just that I've been looking forward to this so long with Bren. "Yes, babygirl." He replies with his big kid grin, making my heart warm up. I then return to my happy state, kissing him quickly before returning to my beloved food. "You better pick something nice though!" I laugh, now back to stuffing my face. "I'm going to send you pictures, babe." He laughs, face full aswell.

"Andddd since the job will be paying good, we're going to keep this house aswell." Brendon says, sipping a water. "Thank God, i couldn't give up this place." I laugh.

______________

Today's the day... I sigh to myself. It's currently 5pm, and Brendon is scheduled to get on a flight to New York at 7. "I think I've got enough packed." Brendon laughs at me, while I'm raiding the closet still. "But what if you need a suit?" I ask. "Then I will wear one of the other three you've packed." He laughs. "But...But what if.." I say, my eyes searching our closets. Brendon then comes behind me, wrapping his arms around me and placing his head on my shoulder. "You're just being anxious, baby." He says, leaving a kiss on my neck. "Everything will be fine, doll. I'll be home the morning of your graduation." I sigh, "I know.."
"Come on, babe." He says, now standing up and extending his hand to help me get off of the floor.

The car ride to the airport is surprisingly not somber at all. I expected us to both stay quiet, and awkwardly listen to music to fill the lack of conversation. But only at a low volume, because we'd both be hoping the other would speak up. Instead though, it was filled with laughter. In the beggining I was feeling quiet and sad, until I forced myself to cheer up because it's only a few days.

Now, walking into the airport with Brendon is so hard. He held my hand the entire time. "Thankyou." He said to the woman who had just taken the ticket. I waited in line with him, until he'd be checked. "I'm going to miss you so much." I say, clinging to Brendon like a small child. "Everything will be okay, babydoll." He says reassuringly, before kissing my head. I then lean and give him a big kiss, which he returns. "Sir?" I hear the security ask, causing us to break apart. "Place your bag in the scanner." One of them said.

"I'll call you when I land!" Brendon tells me, now going through the security routines. I nod, trying not to tear up; hurriedly walking back to the car. Instead of completely breaking down in the car, I only let a few years out and wipe them. Then forcing myself to suck it up, I begin to blast Accident Prone by Jawbreaker on the radio.

This is gonna suck.

____________
A/N:

AHHH YEAH, ANOTHER UPDATE. The next will be longer, I promise! And way more eventful.

On another note, I know this is a Brendon Fic, but do any of you listen to MCR? & if so, what's your theory about the new video they posted? I'd love to know. 💘

Thank you guys so much, 💘💘💘💘💘💘