Chapter 27 - My girl

"What... What happened?" I mutter out, as my eyes flutter open to a bright white. I flinch at the light, as it burns my eyes. Soon I become adjust to the surroundings. I'm in a hospital room. "Alli?" I mutter out to the girl who is sitting in a chair beside my bed, causing her to stir. "Oh my gosh, Nicole!" She says, going in to give me a hug. "What happened?" I ask. "That guy at the party, he slipped a date rape drug in your drink...i...I'm so sorry." She says, now looking down avoiding my eyes.

"Ugh." I groan. "Why did you stay with me?" I ask, sounding more bitchy than I intended to. "Not being rude, I mean I didn't think you'd care that much.." I add, now feeling like a complete asshole. She then gives me a weak half smile, "I wouldn't have if you didn't stay with me at the party." She says with a sarcastic laugh. "Nancy ditched me..you didnt." She laughs lowly. "Thankyou so much." I reply, scooping her into a hug.

"Theres...there's one more thing." She says, now picking at her nails. I nod, signalling her to continue. "Your boyfriend kept calling so I answered and told him what's going on..." my breath then hitches. She knows. "Why..why didn't you tell me your were dating our teacher?" She says. I sigh. "Do you really think I could have? He can lose his job..." I say, bluffing over the principal knowing. She nods knowingly.

"Its safe with me." She says. "But, I do have to go. The parents are throwing me a graduation party." She says, getting up. "Dont drink." I laugh, as she exits.
________

After what seemed like hours but in reality was only minutes, the doctor entered my room. "Good to see you're finally up." He greets, sitting down in the chair next to me with a clip board in hand. I nod in agreement at a loss of what to say, Seeing as I'm some young girl who showed up with drugs in her system.

"Well," he says grabbing the rim of his glasses, "there's no easy way to say this but there was a nearly lethal dose of date rape drugs found in your system."
"Yeah, my friend kind of mentioned it to me." I say with an awkward laugh at the end due to how odd this whole experience is. The doctor only gives an odd smile before looking down at his clipboard again. "There's one more thing. During your blood test we found a high level of HCG." He finishes.

"Meaning?" I ask. "You're pregnant. It seems youre about five weeks along and-" he begins but I cut him off. "What?! Are you kidding me? I....I can't be. I haven't even graduated yet.. I.." I ramble as I'm completely shocked. "Calm down ma'am." The doctor says grabbing my arm which I was apparently tearing at my IV with. "Your baby wasn't harmed by the drugs, but I want to keep you over night for monitoring." He finishes.
"Okay.." I mutter as he walks out of the room.

I lay flat on my back, staring at cold white the ceiling. Pregnant? I mean yes, I wanted kids with brendon. But now? I'm 18...18 years old and pregnant. As if on command, I then hear my phone ring. Looking down I see the caller ID as "Bren ♡". Sighing, I turn my phone to silent as I close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

Brendons POV;

Grabbing my bags hurriedly I exit the airport. I just landed back home from New York, the trip being shorter than expect. "River Wake Hospital, now!" I yell to the taxi driver as I climb in the backseat, while holding the phone to my ear trying to call Nicole. "Answer it, goddamned it." I mutter to myself in frustration.

"Can you drive any faster?" I sternly say to the driver as he nods as if annoyed. "God damn it, Nicole." I mutter under my breath as if it would change the situation. A party, yes that's fine. She's young. That's what they do. Hell, I did the same thing. Except a million times worst than Nic. But how did she get drugged. Is she even okay? All these thoughts flood my mind as I look outside the car window. It seemed like the world was in slow motion and fast forward at the same time.

Finally I've arrived at the hospital. With my bag I run to the room Nicoles friend said she was in, as I burst open the door it seemed all my worries seemed to go away. The frustration and anxiety I had felt all day came to a complete stop. There Nicole was, laying in bed so peacefully.

Turning my head into the hallway I notice a doctor walking by. "Excuse me, I'm this woman's boyfriend. Can you explain what's going on with her?" I ask. "Ah, yes. I'm treating her actually, Dr. Stumph. She was brought here last night with a lethal dose of date rape drugs in her system. She's only resting now. The baby wasn't harmed in any way during this, but I want to keep her over night to be safe." He finishes. "Baby?!" I ask wide eyed. "Yes, she's five weeks along according to her blood tests. I suggest you let her sleep, I'll check back in the morning." The doctor says before walking down the hall. 

I on the other hand stand still, stuck in my thoughts. Trying to recollect myself, I enter her room quietly once again and sit in the chair next to the bed. She's safe. The baby is safe.. our baby.. I think to myself as I stare at her. Even in a hospital gown she looks as beautiful as ever. I lean down to kiss her forehead, and grab her hand in mine as I let myself slip off.

A/N:
So I've probably deleted the last entry by now. But I wanted to make this one.   I'm sorry for the unexpected hiatus. I really am. Please don't think I intentionally gave up on this. I didnt. Something awful happened to me and it messed me up for months. Infact, I'm still not completely back to myself. I'm still recovering, but I'm back now. Thank you all for your continued love and support. And I love all of you so much. Please have a good new year.❤