Chapter 4: The First Assignment

"Up and at em Mira!" Monjarby burst into my bedroom, drawings flying off the walls as I snored in my bed.

"Wakey wakey." He gently shook me.

"I don't wanna..." I mumbled in my sleep and rolled over. My new bed was softer than the one that was in the room that Ejiksega and I shared. My new room was a little larger, and had a window.

"But I got a cookie." He whispered in my ear.

"COOKIE!!!" I jolted awake and snatched the dried and room temperature cookie, and immediately took a bit, claiming it.

"Woke you didn't I?" He rubbed my very frizzy bed hair. "Hurry and get ready. We have a meeting with the grand council. Maybe a mission."

I ran to the wall and pulled out my far too big for me robe and followed him while munching on my cookie, before realizing I left my lightsaber in my room and a picture I drew for him.

"Wait! I forgot something! Stay here!" I shoved the rest of the cookie in my mouth and ran back to my room, tripping over my cloak and nearly face planting.

He chuckled. "Kids."

I grabbed the picture and my saber, hooking my lightsaber to my belt, and running back out. "I made another picture for you." I held it out to him.

He took it and smiled. "This must be the best one you've made all week."

"Really?"

"Yep! Look at my little beard!"

"It's a scruff!" I giggled, and realized that we were just outside the council room.

"Ready?" He asked me and I gulped, and nodded.

We walked in to reveal most of the Jedi council seats empty, showing holos of the missing masters on their seats.

"You have summoned us, Masters?" He asked.

"Been requested on Swoth, assistance has. With separatists not, but internal matters. " Yoda's holo spoke.

"With so many Jedi and troops spread out through the Galaxy, it is nearly impossible to reach that far into the outer reach, and not only that, but very few are familiar with the planet."

"So you chose me cause I was born there?" He asked as I stayed quiet.

"Yes and no. With such few numbers, we had to prioritize." Plo Koon's holoform spoke up.

"With for the people the situation dire, important to send assistance, is it. Young mira, ready, do you think you are, hmm? Yes, hmmm?"

They all looked at me and I froze before feeling Monjarby's hand on my shoulder, telling me it was on to decline.

"I am ready masters." I nodded.

"Master Nu will give you the information and troops in the great library at high noon." Saak Ti nodded before both Monjarby and I gave a slight bow and left.

"Did I do good Master?" I asked as we approached the library.

"Good? I don't know...." He paused. "Just kidding! I think you did great Mi."

I smiled and rolled up my sleeves, and took the bottom of my cloak and shoved it into my belt.

"Too big?"

"Yeah. Can't we make it smaller?" I pouted as the hood fell over my eyes when he pulled it onto my head.

"You'll grow into it quickly." Chuckling, he helped me adjust it to make it look nice.

The old Jedi librarian had the data and told us the plan, but I zoned out, and started fiddling with a computer, looking at planets.

Looking further and further out into the outer rim, I noticed that the black unknown data boxes grew more and more frequent, until nothing.

"Mira. Mira." My master gently shook me.

"Sorry... I must be staring into space..."

"It's ok. We're leaving in the morning. So go be with your friend for the rest of the day. Train. Rest. Whatever. Just take it easy, ok?" He asked.

I nodded and got up. Heading to the training room.

In there I found a dummy to start practicing on, and grabbed my lightsaber.

Deciding to practice double blade, I push both buttons, hold it for half a second, before both sides ignited.

Smiling, I turned on the bot and blocked every blow given until one hit my in the side and the droid shut off.

I winced and rubbed it, hearing the door open.

"Hey kid. Scram. We gotta train for a mission." A pair of older Jedi Knights boys walked in.

"But I gotta train for my first mission tomorrow." I stayed still.

"First missions are easy, youngling. It's called the gathering."

"I already had my gathering. I'm a padawan." I crossed my arms, not leaving.

"Whatever. Just go to to the littlie training room."

"For the last time, no. Go train somewhere else!"

"Why should we?" They towered over me by at least two feet.

"Because I was here first. And I have a mission tomorrow. So please leave."

"You heard her." Another figure walked in.

"Yes Master Skywalker." They quickly left.

I looked up at the Jedi master, seeing his scar through his one eyebrow. "You ok kid?"

"I'm fine. Thank you."

"You're welcome. I'm Anakin. " He held out his hand.

"Mira." I took it and shook it.

"Whatcha doing in here?"

"Training. I got my first mission tomorrow!"

"First mission? That's pretty important. First time in field." He kneeled down. "Watch your master's back. He probably will be distracted by protecting you." He whispered and chuckled.

I giggled. "He knows I can handle myself."

"You sure about that?"

"Of course!"

"Then I wish you best of luck. Get back here in one piece." He stood up and left.

I nodded. Cunee and Owec ran in past Skywalker, and slowed their pace.

"Dude, that was the chosen one!" Owec told me after Anakin was out of ear shot.

"Who?" I asked confused.

"Never mind. It's nothing." Cunee sighed. "We just wanted to train with you once before you go on your mission."

"Then let's train!" I grinned.