Wrestling

Part 3

You roll over immediately regretting it, you bit back a cry. You peel up your top, you gently unwrap the bandage, your entire side is covered in a huge black and blue stain, your hand strokes the swollen bruise careful not to trigger any pain. There is still a noticeable dent by your sixth rib (from the bottom), you prod it and shuck it hurts. You stifle another cry, I can't let Newt know... Wait... Where is Newt?
You look at the shallow dent in the mattress, he was here, right here next to you. You slip next door into his room but he isn't there in fact the only sigh of Newt's presence is his boxers on the floor and his open cupboard.
Why has Newt left? He never leaves without telling me. Why today? What is happening today?
Your eyes just happen to move to the window, outside gladers gather in a circle.
The fight! Shit, how could I forget?
You run back into your room and pull on your clothes before walking as fast as your side lets you towards the group of gladers. You can't see Newt, you spot Alby though and decide to ask him.

"Hey Alby! Where is Newt?" You shout over the noise of the crowd.

He points in the middle of the circle, "he's preparing to fight, he could do with your support."

"But he's meant to fight me.."

Alby shakes his head, "you pulled out, remember."

"I what?! Shuck, Newt told you that, didn't he?"

Alby nods.

"Well stop this I re-enter."

"Stop." Alby shouts at the gladers, they all turn to face him, "the semifinal will take place."

"But that's impossible, who will I fight?" A strong British voice shouts, you cringe, you and Newt have just got back together and now it looks like it might fall again.

"This shank here." Alby points at you.

You smile weakly at Newt, his is fuming.

"She pulled out, she can't."

"No it was an invalid pull out as it wasn't confirmed by her." Alby says calmly.

"It was bloody valid, she told me herself." He sounds so desperate.

"I didn't tell you, I only woke up ten minutes ago." You say trying not to shout.

"Y/n don't do this."

"I have too, Newt this means so much to me, if I win this no one will ever say 'you can't your a girl' or 'your too pathetic' or 'pft she's a girl, she can mess up'.

He strokes your face, "I won't let them say that."

"But your not always there and who will stop them from saying it behind my back."

"I will, I will." His eyes water, he's so desperate.

"No Newt, this will." You wave your arms around.

"Please..."

"Newt... Please listen to me, I'll be fine."

"You said that before fighting Wilson, now your fighting harder fights while injured..."

"I can do it."